VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 06:33:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey BDV...............  (Read 1248 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2019, 08:57:07 EDT »

The Braves relief pitching sucks.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 10:46:52 EDT »

Not any longer.

Hell of a haul by AA the last hour and a half before the trade deadline.   The bullpen went from complete suckification to solid within a matter of minutes. 

Kudos to the boys in the Bravos front office and to Liberty Media.  I didn't think they had it in them. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 11:48:30 EDT »

It's time to thin out the dead wood. I'm glad and surprised they made moves this big.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 12:04:51 EDT »

Great moves on paper. They didn't even have to give up any of their big 4. I would've liked to have gotten a starter too, but the pen was definitely the bigger need.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 03:14:45 EDT »

I'm not that into baseball, but did catch some commentator dialogue in the recent Nationals-Braves game.  They were saying its not all on the relief staffs, they are doing worse almost everywhere, and for the simple reason that starters are being pulled earlier all the time, and largely because they are throwing harder than usual.  I am surmising that is because the hitters are swinging for the fences more.  But regardless, leave the starters in longer and the bullpen will do better.  Seems simple enough.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 03:21:09 EDT »

I'm not that into baseball, but did catch some commentator dialogue in the recent Nationals-Braves game.  They were saying its not all on the relief staffs, they are doing worse almost everywhere, and for the simple reason that starters are being pulled earlier all the time, and largely because they are throwing harder than usual.  I am surmising that is because the hitters are swinging for the fences more.  But regardless, leave the starters in longer and the bullpen will do better.  Seems simple enough.   

Don't get me started...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: