VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 05:50:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think the running game will be upgraded this year  (Read 2091 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2019, 09:21:18 EDT »

There's better talent.

- 3rd year RB Ty Chandler has the talent, has gotten stronger and has always had great speed.
- Second year RB Jeremy Banks showed ability last year but had fumbles and injuries. Coaching can help the fumbles, but he is a big RB that runs over people and has speed
- Freshman Eric Gray is very elusiv
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 10:26:23 EDT »

I have my fingers crossed for the run game. There might not be any studs in that group, but if — IF! — the OL can do its part, there are some very serviceable SEC-level running backs in that bunch. I am excited about Gray.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 12:53:13 EDT »

Got to be able to stretch the field in the passing game and open up the defense so we aren't trying to run with 8-9 in the box like we've been doing the past couple of years.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 03:17:38 EDT »

OL play has nowhere to go but up, right?  I mean...surely it can't be worse, right?   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 06:55:43 EDT »

OL play has nowhere to go but up, right?  I mean...surely it can't be worse, right?   

Seems like we've been saying that for the past 5-6 years. Maybe it can't get worse, but it's not getting any better, either.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 04:26:03 EDT »

Seems like we've been saying that for the past 5-6 years. Maybe it can't get worse, but it's not getting any better, either.

You're not wrong.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 07:13:52 EDT »

I sincerely hope coaching is the difference. I might be in the minority on this, but I think the Vols will struggle against all their SEC opponents. We are still a long way from SEC type talent at all positions on the field. I'm just not sure how many SEC teams on our schedule we can beat.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 12:29:33 EDT »

I sincerely hope coaching is the difference. I might be in the minority on this, but I think the Vols will struggle against all their SEC opponents. We are still a long way from SEC type talent at all positions on the field. I'm just not sure how many SEC teams on our schedule we can beat.

I don't think we will struggle against all of them.  Kentucky should be back to being Kentucky this year.  That's one I am counting as an easy win.

I also have faith that if Pruitt could beat Auburn and also "good Kentucky" last year, we should have a relatively easy win against one of Vandy, Junior or MSU, not in any particular order, but IMO we can beat two of those three and at least one will be a relatively easy win.

We will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 08:23:32 EDT »

Agree. I'll need to see improvement to totally believe it's gettng better
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2019, 10:00:31 EDT »

I think the influx of new OL talent + Chaney + new OL coach will make a tremendous difference, though there will still be I am sure many bad moments.  But unlike the past, I think this line will learn from their mistakes and improve.

If nothing else, I am very encourage to hear we have 8 OL over 300 pounds, after having 1-2 last year.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: