VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 08:23:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Carolina game  (Read 1431 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2019, 07:21:11 EDT »

This is going to be a key game.  As many have notied, right now Tennessee's rivals in the East are USC, Vandy and Mizzouri, not Florida and Georgia.

When we play USC it's likely to be a 1-3 team (Tennessee beats MSU, loses to Uga, bammer, UF) vs. a 1-4 team (USC loses to bammer, UF, Uga, Mizzou on the road, beats UK).

I knew our schedule going into USC was tough, but had no idea theirs was tougher until I looked.  So they will be even more beat up at that point in the season than us.

So...this will be a big game in terms of how the rest of the season plays out.  The loser will be trying to stay out of the SEC basement wiht no bowl game, the winner will be looking at a middel of the conference finish with a chance at a decent bowl game.

For me, this is a key game for Pruitt.  If we can't finally beat Muschamp in Pruitt's second year, then it's going to be a long season, and pressure is going to be much greater on Pruitt going into next year. 

Vandy is the other game, but we had best show well against MSU and Missouri as well.  We have to compete with the likes of those teams before we can challenge Uga, bammer or even Florida.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 12:58:39 EDT »

One of the total mysteries of college football is how we can be O'fer against Muschamp at FL and USC. It should be impossible even for the sorry shape we've been in.

Right now today I'd give it a 50/50 chance of beating USC....50/50 against MSU...40/60 against Mizzou.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 12:31:49 EDT »

Losing 5 of the last 7 to Vandy is the worst by far. The last three meetings Vandy has put up 45, 42 and 38 points. Embarrassing.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: