VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 09:39:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rafael Ortega is the clear NL MVP frontrunner...  (Read 938 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2019, 10:49:29 EDT »

...and might just be the next Willie Mays. This is just science and logic and totally not an overreaction to today’s game.   

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 04:22:05 EDT »

Yea, I was yelling at Acuna for not running out the hit. He needs to roll back some of the posing after he hits the ball.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:05:51 EDT »

Yea, I was yelling at Acuna for not running out the hit. He needs to roll back some of the posing after he hits the ball.

I’ve been pretty critical of Snitker, but I have no problem with him yanking Acuna there. When he hits one 450 feet, then he can stand there and pimp the hell out of it. But to do so on a ball hit right to the (16’) wall in a close game against arguably the best team in baseball is not a good look, and then he compounds it by getting caught stealing on the next pitch. It likely cost us at least a couple runs. And if not for the later heroics of the most unlikely guy on the roster, it might’ve cost us the game.

Acuna has now been humbled, and hopefully he’s a little angry. Because angry Acuna is the best Acuna. I wouldn’t  be surprised if now goes on one of his patented 12 homers in 10 games type binges.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: