VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 07:19:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seems like all of our players have been handed the same memo  (Read 1597 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2019, 06:50:40 EDT »

"Go on social media and suck up to the fans".

I've seen at least 5 players today tweeting some variation of the "best fans in the country" cliche.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it's pretty obvious that they have their marching orders. With a 1-4 record and no "big" home games left, they need to sell the program as much as possible to keep the turnstiles spinning.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 08:11:39 EDT »

Well at least they're not tweeting "fans suck!". lol

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 02:23:51 EDT »

Well at least they're not tweeting "fans suck!". lol

True.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 03:52:04 EDT »

Pruitt's post game show with Kessling, Pruitt's first comments was about the fans and how UT had the best fans in the country. He got that out there quick.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 04:23:02 EDT »

Pruitt's post game show with Kessling, Pruitt's first comments was about the fans and how UT had the best fans in the country. He got that out there quick.

So PR, but at least he is trying.  I'd rather him do that than sulk and pout like Jones.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 05:05:16 EDT »

So PR, but at least he is trying.  I'd rather him do that than sulk and pout like Jones.

Yeah, danged if you do and danged if you don't.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 09:46:57 EDT »

Thought about this some more.  Maybe Pruitt and the team know they fizzleed up, are embarassed, and just want to acknowledge the fans for supporting them anyway. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 09:18:39 EDT »

Also Pruitt is probably conscious if the social media "temperature" and its affect on recruiting.  Again, I'd rather him be proactive than let the players get into a Twitter free for all with fans.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: