VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 08:52:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre season SEC all SEC and hoops poll is in  (Read 2374 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2019, 03:32:23 EDT »

First Team All-SEC

Kerry Blackshear – Florida

Anthony Edwards – Georgia

Ashton Hagans – Kentucky

Breein Tyree – Ole Miss

Reggie Perry – Mississippi State

Second Team All-SEC

Kira Lewis Jr. – Alabama

Isaiah Joe – Arkansas

Andrew Nembhard – Florida

Tyrese Maxey – Kentucky

EJ Montgomery – Kentucky

Skylar Mays – LSU

Lamonté Turner – Tennessee

SEC Player of the Year

Kerry Blackshear – Florida

Predicted Order Of Finish

1. Kentucky

2. Florida

3. LSU

4. Auburn

5. Tennessee

6. Alabama

7. Mississippi State

8. Ole Miss

9. Georgia

10. South Carolina

11. Arkansas

12. Texas A&M

13. Missouri

14. Vanderbilt
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 04:23:21 EDT »

LSU and Auburn should be eliminated because of impending probation. That would make us #3. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 04:28:16 EDT »

I don’t think we finish that high. This is a transition season before arguably the greatest recruiting class in UT history arrives next year.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 04:58:29 EDT »

I don’t think we finish that high. This is a transition season before arguably the greatest recruiting class in UT history arrives next year.

I disagree. We have a senior laden backcourt along with a 5 star addition there. We have a couple of transfers that look good up front, and we have some solid depth. I think this team will be in the SEC running the whole year. May not win it, but top 4. Definitely an NCAA team, 5-7 seed

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 05:10:04 EDT »

I hope you are right. But the team we had last year didn't win the conference. If this team does it will be because it is not expected. Barnes is a good coach. He just needs to get them to play with more intensity for 60 minutes.

volsboyinsodak
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 05:14:37 EDT »

I hope you are right. But the team we had last year didn't win the conference. If this team does it will be because it is not expected. Barnes is a good coach. He just needs to get them to play with more intensity for 60 minutes.

Last year's team was #1 for a month. I am not going to compare this team to that. Just get into the dance and then anything can happen

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 06:33:48 EDT »

I disagree. We have a senior laden backcourt along with a 5 star addition there. We have a couple of transfers that look good up front, and we have some solid depth. I think this team will be in the SEC running the whole year. May not win it, but top 4. Definitely an NCAA team, 5-7 seed

Agree.. I have a feeling we're going to be better than folks think.  Nothing like last year, but not fall off the SEC map either.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 07:03:17 EDT »

Agree.. I have a feeling we're going to be better than folks think.  Nothing like last year, but not fall off the SEC map either.

Four new guys who will immediately help

Fr Olivier Nkamhoua - 6'8 230 lb forward. Has a smooth offensive game. - From Finland
RS Fr Uros Plavsic  - 7'0 from Serbia - transfer from AZ State. He will start. There is a delay in eligibility but all signs are that it will be ok.
Fr Josiah James - 6'6 208 lb stud Guard - can play point or shooting guard. 5 star recruit.
FR Drew Pember - 6'9 wing - good outside shooter.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:11:41 EDT by Volznut » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 07:36:59 EDT »

Four new guys who will immediately help

Fr Olivier Nkamhoua - 6'8 230 lb forward. Has a smooth offensive game. - From Finland
RS Fr Uros Plavsic  - 7'0 from Serbia - transfer from AZ State. He will start. There is a delay in eligibility but all signs are that it will be ok.
Fr Josiah James - 6'6 208 lb stud Guard - can play point or shooting guard. 5 star recruit.
FR Drew Pember - 6'9 wing - good outside shooter.

I’m not worried about the backcourt. But if we’re to make the dance, the newcomer big guys have to play like upperclassmen. I just think that’s too much to ask. These aren’t 5 star guys that we beat out Duke and UK for. They were recruited in hopes that they would develop over time like Grant and Admiral did.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 07:54:05 EDT »

I’m not worried about the backcourt. But if we’re to make the dance, the newcomer big guys have to play like upperclassmen. I just think that’s too much to ask. These aren’t 5 star guys that we beat out Duke and UK for. They were recruited in hopes that they would develop over time like Grant and Admiral did.

we will be a guard led team for sure- but teams can do well with that - see Auburn and Florida

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 08:47:19 EDT »

Agree.. I have a feeling we're going to be better than folks think.  Nothing like last year, but not fall off the SEC map either.

Same. I initially thought we weren't going to be very good this year...one of those years where we just try to endure while saying, "Just wait'll next year." But as the season draws nearer I'm thinking more and more that we're going to surprise some people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: