VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:49:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of us are now hoping JG returns, and does  (Read 5492 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: November 10, 2019, 07:56:28 EST »

He now? It appears something has clicked for him. Particularly if he is now a dual threat.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 08:01:04 EST »

He was our leading rusher last night with 30 yards! Just unreal.

JG is much better coming out of the bullpen. Start anyone else and bring in JG off the bench so he doesn't have think for days about being the starter.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 08:08:59 EST »

He was our leading rusher last night with 30 yards! Just unreal.

JG is much better coming out of the bullpen. Start anyone else and bring in JG off the bench so he doesn't have think for days about being the starter.

You can tell he is very smart. He may well be too cerebral.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 08:12:11 EST »

He made some great throws and great decisions coming out of the locker room. But after those first two drives our offense was pretty vanilla the rest of the second half. JG made a really nice decision on the third down play coming off the goal line at the end of the game, if it was truly an RPO...I haven't watched the replay but I'm inclined to think it was a designed QB run all the way.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 08:17:46 EST »

He made some great throws and great decisions coming out of the locker room. But after those first two drives our offense was pretty vanilla the rest of the second half. JG made a really nice decision on the third down play coming off the goal line at the end of the game, if it was truly an RPO...I haven't watched the replay but I'm inclined to think it was a designed QB run all the way.

I'd bet 1 of my 2 mules out in the pasture that it was QB run all the way. Dang good play call.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 08:18:29 EST »

He definitely seems better coming off the bench, and that wrist is a serious problem.  Maurer just didn't look sharp.  He may very well be a little foggy in the head still.  I had a mild concussion once and played with it.  They definitely linger for a while.  I can't imagine having two freaking full blown ones.  It makes my head hurt thinking about it.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 08:56:20 EST »

I'd bet 1 of my 2 mules out in the pasture that it was QB run all the way. Dang good play call.
he said post game it was a called pass but the receivers were open so he ticked it and ran

One thing supporting that scenarios was he gave ground, back to the goal line at least before he took off

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 09:06:09 EST »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 09:11:40 EST »

he said post game it was a called pass but the receivers were not open so he ticked it and ran

One thing supporting that scenarios was he gave ground, back to the goal line at least before he took off

FIFY

Although with JG, you might have actually meant the original 

But I think its      

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 01:45:18 EST »

We've seen enough from JG in flashes to know what his potential is. I guess he'll have one more off-season to get his ish together upstairs. I hope he does...and it took me a few days to bring myself to this point after that boneheaded stunt on the goal line against Alabama. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 02:05:31 EST »

he said post game it was a called pass but the receivers were open so he ticked it and ran

I was calling for a quick out before the play to pick up a 1st down and end the game...Bet he was told if there was a defender within 10 yards....RUN it.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 04:59:43 EST »

No.  Time for him to move on.  The fanbase can't take another year on the roller coaster. 

JG will be gone, and Shrout will be gone. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 05:10:04 EST »

No.  Time for him to move on.  The fanbase can't take another year on the roller coaster. 

JG will be gone, and Shrout will be gone. 

I've thought that too....But will not be surprised if Pruitt talks JG into staying because he has by far the most experience. Most QBs that transfer do so because they will go somewhere and be the starter. Just don't know where that would be for JG?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 05:14:32 EST »

Agree, Herb.  While I'm happy he's bounced back this year but I'm ready to move on from this as well.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 05:31:50 EST »

Agree, Herb.  While I'm happy he's bounced back this year but I'm ready to move on from this as well.

Actually he has bounced back for a half here and a half there.  Still way too inconsistent to say he's a solid SEC QB. 

It's obvious the coaches don't trust nor have any plans for Shrout. If he want to play, he'll leave on his own or he'll be gitshirted. 

With Bailey coming in and if Maurer can learn not to do headflips for an extra yard at midfield, the QB position will be fine. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 05:49:11 EST »

He is still (as are all our QB's) in the bottom third of SEC QB's.  Credit where due, he made some good throws against ky, and went all out on the run to seal the deal.  He also short armed some throws and threw behind receivers more than once.  IMHO, he is not consistent enough, and does not have the pocket presence to move into even the top half of SEC QB's.  He is a warrior, and I appreciate that, but I have zero confidence he can take us to a sustainable higher level.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 07:14:51 EST »

And remember that the Maryland transfer will be eligible next year, too.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 08:30:15 EST »

And remember that the Maryland transfer will be eligible next year, too.

True. I'd say Shrout will transfer. Guarantano may accept his reliever roll. Should be interesting going forward.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2019, 02:54:22 EST »

I'm going to avoid being a self-proclaimed expert and state my opinions as if they are facts.  I will be okay with JG or any other QB who can get the job done.  If JG shows consistency and help us win games, I am for that.  If another QB is the best option, I am for that.  Bottom line is that other than the transfer, JG is by far the most experienced and will only be around another year tops.  Of the younger players, one will emerge to either replace JG or be the heir apparent next year so we are good.

We'll see what happens down the stretch of this season, and/if there are any transfers early next year.  I could see both Shrout and JG transferring, but since God has not blessed me with the gift of divine prophecy, I am going to sit back and see what happens and not act like I am a professional football scout.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2019, 05:56:16 EST »

and not act like I am a professional football scout. 

You'll never be accused of that.  And besides, we aren't talking about professional football.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2019, 08:23:56 EST »

You'll never be accused of that.  And besides, we aren't talking about professional football.   

You know I ignored your shots in that last thread, brushed them off, which was easy to do.   

But you trying to imply I'm not intelligent....that's good!  Really good! 

If I had been drinking coffee I would literally have spit it on my screen.   

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2019, 08:48:01 EST »

Here is my legit question to all of you..what is the over/under for how many years till we beat Bama. I just don't think any QB on the current roster is the guy to do that. Unless the D pitches shutouts against the elite SEC teams. I just get tired of our biggest rivals being loaded with QB's and we can't find one SEC calibre QB. I thought Mauer might be that guy. But who knows?  He can't play a complete game up to now.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:07:40 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 11:47:33 EST »

You know I ignored your shots in that last thread, brushed them off, which was easy to do.  

But you trying to imply I'm not intelligent....that's good!  Really good!  

If I had been drinking coffee I would literally have spit it on my screen.  

Didn't say you aren't intelligent.  Just that you seem to post a lot here without knowing a damned thing about what you are talking about.  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:57:02 EST by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 07:22:07 EST »

Didn't say you aren't intelligent.  Just that you seem to post a lot here without knowing a damned thing about what you are talking about.  

Uh huh.  And Jonathan Crompton will never be an SEC caliber QB.  Write it down! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: