VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 09:55:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vol scoring D is 41st nationally  (Read 962 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2019, 11:41:03 EST »

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=MFB&division=11

That still isn't great, but it is the top third of the NCAA, and the best since 2015, when we were 13th.  Defense started well in 2016 but collapsed by season's end.

I think 41st with the current roster is impressive, and it will continue to improve as Mizzou and Vandy both have offensive woes at this point in the season.   We have a decent shot at top 30 by season's end.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 01:38:19 EST »

Given the talent on defense, I don't think any of us dared to think it would be that high this season.

I'm still not sold on Pruitt 100% by any means, but I'm daring to dream about what might be once he's had another couple of cycles to get some defensive recruits in place. Given the improvements of the DL and the DBs this season, I don't think it's fair for anyone to assume that his DC prowess at FSU, UGA and Bama was due strictly to the elite talent available to him at those stops.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: