VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:30:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Below I state that Mizzou and SC are our immediate targets  (Read 1581 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2019, 11:33:08 EST »

That we need to compete with them before we can graduate to Uga and UF.

And oh, boy, have we ever.   

Before the season I thought out of Mizzou, SC, MSU, and Vandy we'd be fortunate to go 2-2 (I counted UK as a win because they lost so many players and we beat them last year).  If we hold serve the next two games, we will sweep all 4!  I only thought that was a remote possibility, but not only are we playing much better but Mizzou and Vandy have collapsed.

Much as it pains me that we lost to Georgia State, I'll trade that loss for a win over any SEC team, any day, and that's extra true if the SEC win is later in the season and Georgia State is the opener.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 01:42:18 EST »

First of all, if we travel to Columbia with the same mentality that we took to Lexington, we'll get our asses beat. This team has got to show some fire against teams that they consider to be beneath them.

With that said, most people at the beginning of the season thought that the ceiling was 8 wins. The few people who suggested 9 wins were shouted down as delusional. And if not for the debacle to start the season, we'd be knocking on 9 wins if we can take care of Mizzou. It's pretty incredible, really. Sure, this year's schedule wasn't as good as our schedule usually is. But if you'd told me that this team could win 9 + be semi-competitive with Georgia and very competitive with Alabama, then have a shot at 10 wins with a bowl game, I'd have taken that in a heartbeat.

Obviously we aren't going to win 9 games, and that's still on Pruitt...but the turn-around as the season progressed has been very encouraging. I'm still worried about all the whiffs with our top recruiting targets but hopefully the momentum from the season will carry over to the recruiting trail in December.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 02:09:18 EST »

And much like playing in Lexington we seem to never play well in CoMo and they are a much better team at home and I'm sure their QB will be back against us. They have Florida this week while we are off....Hope FL physically beats them down.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 06:46:56 EST »

And much like playing in Lexington we seem to never play well in CoMo and they are a much better team at home and I'm sure their QB will be back against us. They have Florida this week while we are off....Hope FL physically beats them down.

Yeah will be interesting to see if Bryant plays against UF.  My guess is not.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: