VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 11:34:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kentucky wins...just barely  (Read 1313 times)
Creek Walker
« on: November 19, 2019, 09:01:46 EST »

In its bounce-back game from that historic loss to Evansville, Kentucky struggled to put away mighty Utah Valley tonight, eventually winning by eight (82-74).

So, Kentucky is struggling. Florida is struggling. There's talk that Memphis may be headed for a postseason ban after thumbing its nose at the NCAA over the Wiseman issue, and Tennessee is considered to be over-achieving after handling #20 Wazzou over the weekend.

It's a strange and unusual feeling for Vol fans, but this feels...nice. Almost warm and fuzzy. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 03:28:36 EST »

I got the impression from Twitter that UK needed some help from the ruparees last night too, lol.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 04:13:19 EST »

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 04:57:44 EST »

Damn. I hope those bastards haven't figured it out by the time we play them.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 05:21:56 EST »

I got the impression from Twitter that UK needed some help from the ruparees last night too, lol.

After Utah Valley pulled to within 1 (with under 3 minutes to go, thereabouts) the Rupperees came out in full force. 

Utah Valley missed a shot that would have put them up by one and on the offensive rebound attempt there was a horrific over the back call that was totally ignored.  On the next two (maybe three)  UK possessions there were touch fouls called on UV that sent UK to the line where they iced the W.

UV probably wasn't winning that game anyway, but the officials were definitely a factor down the home stretch.

I'm fairly certain that UK has made more free throws than their opponents have attempted in every game so far this season.  I'm fairly sure that I heard than mentioned in their last game.  Their style is part of the reason for this as they drive and force defenders to challenge shots.  They were 31/34 from the free throw line last night I think (that's some really good FT shooting).
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 10:20:24 EST »

After Utah Valley pulled to within 1 (with under 3 minutes to go, thereabouts) the Rupperees came out in full force. 

Utah Valley missed a shot that would have put them up by one and on the offensive rebound attempt there was a horrific over the back call that was totally ignored.  On the next two (maybe three)  UK possessions there were touch fouls called on UV that sent UK to the line where they iced the W.

UV probably wasn't winning that game anyway, but the officials were definitely a factor down the home stretch.

I'm fairly certain that UK has made more free throws than their opponents have attempted in every game so far this season.  I'm fairly sure that I heard than mentioned in their last game.  Their style is part of the reason for this as they drive and force defenders to challenge shots.  They were 31/34 from the free throw line last night I think (that's some really good FT shooting).

At one point last night KY had shot 18 FT's to Utah Valley 3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: