VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 10:01:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnes adds more stars to the 2020 class  (Read 2711 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2019, 08:01:17 EST »

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/11/22/vols-land-commitment-from-four-star-point-guard/

4 star 2020 point guard Santiago Vescovi

Simply epic class.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 08:06:11 EST »

Tennessee’s newest 2020 basketball commit, G Santiago Vescovi, will take the SAT and aim to enroll next semester in order to join the current team, per 247sports. Meaning, there’s a chance he could play for the #Vols this season.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 08:08:22 EST »

Barnes is building a very international roster: France, Finland, Serbia, and now Uruguay. We’re almost becoming Gonzaga East.

I don’t know how much room is left (if any), but I’d still like to add a big man to this class.

10EC
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 08:36:13 EST »

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/11/22/vols-land-commitment-from-four-star-point-guard/

4 star 2020 point guard Santiago Vescovi

Simply epic class.

Are we signing 4 year players or 1 (or 2) and dones?
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 08:46:01 EST »

Are we signing 4 year players or 1 (or 2) and dones?

This year's 5-star (Josiah Jordan-James) is certainly not looking like a one-and-done so far, although ESPN's mock drafts back in the summer had him as a 1st round pick in 2020. It's still early, though.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 09:01:07 EST »

Hopefully this player will take some pressure off Turner. Also hope he can play starting with the SEC schedule after New Years.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 09:27:47 EST »

As I understand it, if Kent is done then we would still have one open spot.  If Kent is planning to return, then we are full I think.

I'm not completely sure that we could use Kent's scholly now, though.  I've read opposing views on that.  It is possible that we would have to wait until next year to fill that spot?
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 12:47:04 EST »

As I understand it, if Kent is done then we would still have one open spot.  If Kent is planning to return, then we are full I think.

I'm not completely sure that we could use Kent's scholly now, though.  I've read opposing views on that.  It is possible that we would have to wait until next year to fill that spot?

That's a good question...I'd say Kent's scholly is taken up through this season (just guessing). Looks like to me that if not you could encourage a player to leave that wasn't going to play and that would open up a immediate scholly to be used on a transfer etc.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 03:34:56 EST »

Give em heck Coach Barnes 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 05:37:28 EST »

Good looking young man....and player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=140&v=mji-3RudHMQ&feature=emb_title
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 05:58:12 EST »

I'm still laughing and shaking my head at how so many Tennessee fans said, "If only Coach Barnes could recruit..." And I was one of them!

I was also one of those who was less than thrilled when we hired him. I knew the basketball program was in a pretty dark place...the Tyndall experiment was a disaster. (I actually think Tyndall did a heck of a job during his one year here and he's probably the best Xs and Os coach we've had in a long time, but still...you have to fire your coach after one year because you learned that you hired a cheater?!?) But I still thought we could do better than a retread.

Ah, young and foolish. Well, foolish...I don't know about young.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2019, 07:53:57 EST »

I realize he’ll spend his entire career being compared to (insert white point guard here), but he really reminds me of Steve Nash. As opposed to, you know, the only OTHER white point guard anyone can name off the top of their head.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2019, 03:08:00 EST »

This kid's tape look pretty good.  In my opinion, floor vision is THE most valuable attribute that a point guard can have and this guy seems to have it in abundance.

In any sport, I think that being able to see the field "without looking at the field" is one of the factors that separates great athletes from great players.  Its really difficult to teach (maybe impossible?) but it is so important.  In my opinion, this is very likely one of the main reasons that JG has struggled at times in the QB position.

This guy seems to have that ability.  I like the potential that I see here.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 03:08:26 EST »

I'm still laughing and shaking my head at how so many Tennessee fans said, "If only Coach Barnes could recruit..." And I was one of them!

I was also one of those who was less than thrilled when we hired him. I knew the basketball program was in a pretty dark place...the Tyndall experiment was a disaster. (I actually think Tyndall did a heck of a job during his one year here and he's probably the best Xs and Os coach we've had in a long time, but still...you have to fire your coach after one year because you learned that you hired a cheater?!?) But I still thought we could do better than a retread.

Ah, young and foolish. Well, foolish...I don't know about young.

Barnes is recruiting NOW because he’s winning. And he’s winning NOW because he coached up a bunch of no-name recruits that none of the big boys wanted. So I’m pretty excited to see what he can do with some guys those teams DID want.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 06:30:55 EST »

Would be really cool to get Plavsic & Vescovi eligible this year 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: