VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 02:41:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, what the Heyull happened in Vandy's 1st possession????  (Read 2523 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2019, 11:26:37 EST »

Vandy got a personal fould for ripping the helmet off a Vol defender and the Vols got a personal foul for participating without a helmet????  Did I hear that right?  WTF?????

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 05:15:57 EST »

Still not sure about that one.  Also not sure it should have been first and 10 afterwards.  Seems like the penalties could cancel then the down would stand.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 05:19:17 EST »

Vandy got a personal fould for ripping the helmet off a Vol defender and the Vols got a personal foul for participating without a helmet????  Did I hear that right?  WTF?????
2 VOL helmets were ripped off.  Found out after the game it was 94 that got the penalty, for going after the fumble, sans helmet

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 11:44:56 EST »

Still not sure about that one.  Also not sure it should have been first and 10 afterwards.  Seems like the penalties could cancel then the down would stand.

If there are 2 penalties, they always offset and the down is always replayed.

The participation-without-a-helmet penalty is a really dumb rule, IMO.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 12:09:52 EST »

If there are 2 penalties, they always offset and the down is always replayed.

The participation-without-a-helmet penalty is a really dumb rule, IMO.
I don't think a dumb penalty because it is for the safety of the player.  The bigger question was why there was no penalty called on the candy pplayer that ripped his helmet off

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 01:35:24 EST »

I don't think a dumb penalty because it is for the safety of the player.  The bigger question was why there was no penalty called on the candy pplayer that ripped his helmet off

It would've been a moot point because there were already penalties on both teams. Another flag wouldn't have mattered...it would've still been off-setting.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 01:42:15 EST »

It would've been a moot point because there were already penalties on both teams. Another flag wouldn't have mattered...it would've still been off-setting.
I know, just pointing out the incompetence of the SEC refs

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 02:04:12 EST »

I know, just pointing out the incompetence of the SEC refs

I'm whole-heartedly with you on that. 
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 06:49:14 EST »

I'm whole-heartedly with you on that. 

While sitting watching the play I am like "why does the IDIOT Candy player that rips 94's helmet off not get flagged for that one?"  Secondly the Running Back should have received a warning for unneccessary roughness just like a targetting call.  If you rip someone's helmet off like he did Alontae's on the play it is a definite injury problem that should be covered as well as player targetting calls.  Taylor's head swiveled around about 45 degrees off of true it looked like in the replay and that could be very hurtful. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 09:49:46 EST »

So I thought the Vandy player was in fact called, and that was the penalty that offset the TN player pl;aying through with no helmet.

What did I miss?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 10:56:11 EST »

So I thought the Vandy player was in fact called, and that was the penalty that offset the TN player pl;aying through with no helmet.

What did I miss?

There were two helmets ripped off on the play -- one by the ballcarrier, one by a blocker.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 11:37:47 EST »

There were two helmets ripped off on the play -- one by the ballcarrier, one by a blocker.

Ah. So there should have been a second penalty.  But yeah, it didn't matter I guess.  Too bad. It should be two penalties - one penalty = one net penalty on Vandy.  But that would make too much sense.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: