VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 06:27:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaches dropping like flies.  (Read 1451 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2019, 02:00:02 EST »

Matt Luke fired at Ole Miss.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 02:58:44 EST »

One would think they'd go after Norvell.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 03:22:09 EST »

Rich Rod is the current OC...wonder if he'll get a shot? Norvell might be at a better place in Memphis right now than Ole Miss.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 09:55:45 EST »

I'm a little surprised Luke got fired. Ole miss stunk, for sure, but IMO they showed pretty good progress, unlike Arkansas.

But thinking about it a bit more....they lost to MSU.  Yeah, I think that did it.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 11:17:02 EST »

I'm a little surprised Luke got fired. Ole miss stunk, for sure, but IMO they showed pretty good progress, unlike Arkansas.

But thinking about it a bit more....they lost to MSU.  Yeah, I think that did it.   

That damn idiotic dog pee incident in the end zone probably put it over the top with regards to Luke's fate.  Unbelievable.  I always liked Luke, even when he was a player.  I have a ton of old HS buds who went the OM, and they absolutely love him.  I think he shoulda been given one more season.  If he woulda worked out, he woulda been a Reb for life.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 11:33:00 EST »

IIRC Ole Miss had the overall youngest team in the country this year.....They hired 2 good cord's. If the staff isn't retained it's a 17 million buyout.

Luke was hired to steady the ship after the NCAA hammer dropped and the Freeze firing and the OM AD caved to the pressure. IMO Luke should have been given another year but I guess 4-8 after year 3 did him in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: