VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 01:53:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe an unpopular opinion...  (Read 1780 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2019, 01:48:24 EST »

Bowls should completely drop conference tie-ins, and be free to work out a deal with whichever team they want. Outside of the playoff, these matchups are absolute shizzle, and have been for several years now. Nobody wants to see the likes of Virginia, Baylor, and Memphis playing in a major bowl game. NYD used to be the greatest day on the CFB calendar, with epic matchups overlapping on all networks all day long. Now it's down to 4 lackluster games that I could really care less whether I see or not.

At the very least, they should drop the requirement to include a non-P5 team (unless there's one that is truly worthy, such as a couple Boise teams from yesteryear). They should also drop the mandate that a 2nd or 3rd best team from a given conference be assigned to a major bowl in the event that said conference's champ is in the playoff. Some leagues only have one worthy team (looking at you, ACC- stop trying to make Virginia happen).

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 01:52:00 EST »

(BTW, I wrote that in part because I'm hoping I can reverse-mojo UVA into an upset over the crocs tonight.)

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 02:46:01 EST »

"Couldn't" care less.

And I agree. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 02:47:14 EST »

I've been watching the Doctor Who marathon.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 03:21:21 EST »

Agree 100%....After the 4 playoff teams are picked the bowls should pick the best match ups. Do away with the conference tie ins.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 03:23:39 EST »

I've been watching the Doctor Who marathon.

I’m gonna try to power through the new seasons of Lost in Space and The Witcher before I go back to work next Monday. And I’ll be in J’Ville for two of those days, so I might not make it.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 04:37:53 EST »

I’m gonna try to power through the new seasons of Lost in Space and The Witcher before I go back to work next Monday. And I’ll be in J’Ville for two of those days, so I might not make it.

Did you watch Mandalorian yet?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 04:45:07 EST »

Yes. It dragged a bit in the middle, but the last two episodes were great.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 05:55:59 EST »

Agree 100%....After the 4 playoff teams are picked the bowls should pick the best match ups. Do away with the conference tie ins.

Conferences will never go for that though, they want the money.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: