VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 11:18:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think? I see 4 losses. The only thing I see is we win one  (Read 1007 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2020, 04:31:50 EST »

against a team we are favored to lose and lose one we should win. My losses are OU, UF, Bama and UGa. The usual SEC suspects again. We need to beat these three regularly. But we know that. Is this team ready to do that? The QB is the game changer.

volsboyinsodak
10EC
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 06:40:20 EST »

against a team we are favored to lose and lose one we should win. My losses are OU, UF, Bama and UGa. The usual SEC suspects again. We need to beat these three regularly. But we know that. Is this team ready to do that? The QB is the game changer.

If Cade is eligible, I see 9-3/10-2.   I am THRILLED by the potential our OL could have and that covers a lot of QB issues.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 10:06:42 EST »

I'm sticking with 8-4 for now, may change my mind as time goes by.  Yes, we could beat one of UA, UF, Uga, OU, but we could also lose to just about any other SEC team on our schedule, with the likely exception of Vandy.

Think about it this way, we barely pulled off the wins vs. UK and Mizzou this year, and I could throw in IU also.  Mizzou was probably not as close as the final score indicated, though we still could have lost.

But UK and IU probably should have been losses. Think of it this way, whenever a game is decided by one score, that means one play could have been the difference (onside kick for IU, final stop for UK).  So flip a coin.  It's like we called heads and got it twice.  Might not happen next year.

We will see, I am cautiously optimistic, but anything can happen on a given day. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: