VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 03:40:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well that sucked. Bad loss.*  (Read 1675 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2020, 02:40:03 EST »

`
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 12:13:07 EST »

We're offensively challenged so we've gotta hit the glass better.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 03:56:13 EST »

Got out rebounded by 25!!! That's unheard of. Just a bad product Barnes put on the floor last night this deep into the season to the 13th ranked SEC team per KemPom on your own floor.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 04:15:01 EST »

Barnes is stealing his paycheck. No excuse for a lazy team. That is all coaching. BBBut we lost all that talent. So do other teams, but they seem to handle it okay. I'm not saying Barnes is a bad coach. But he knew what he was losing last year. He should have recruited better a couple of years before. I know. Wait till next year.  I can't look past Barnes salary. He is making Coach K money. I expect better. If you don't then, I don't know what to say. I am no Pearl apologist by any means, but his teams have always played with more intensity than any Barnes team I have seen. Which sucks for us UT fans.  Look at Auburn's game last night vs ours. 

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 06:10:17 EST »

Barnes is stealing his paycheck. No excuse for a lazy team. That is all coaching. BBBut we lost all that talent. So do other teams, but they seem to handle it okay. I'm not saying Barnes is a bad coach. But he knew what he was losing last year. He should have recruited better a couple of years before. I know. Wait till next year.  I can't look past Barnes salary. He is making Coach K money. I expect better. If you don't then, I don't know what to say. I am no Pearl apologist by any means, but his teams have always played with more intensity than any Barnes team I have seen. Which sucks for us UT fans.  Look at Auburn's game last night vs ours. 
You just need to STFU about things you are apparently CLUELESS on
3 starters that could/should be on this team are in the NBA or out with injures!
Anybody with a CLUE would know this is a rebuilding year
Again, just STFU!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 06:33:59 EST »

You just need to STFU about things you are apparently CLUELESS on
3 starters that could/should be on this team are in the NBA or out with injures!
Anybody with a CLUE would know this is a rebuilding year
Again, just STFU!
Rebuilding is no excuse for lazy and no hustle. Did you see a team that played with energy? 

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 01:16:33 EST »

Boxing out on the defensive end is almost always about "habit" and "effort". The habit part must be developed and maintained during practice. The effort comes from each player's competitive drive and heart. One or both were lacking in yesterday's game. All that is my opinion, btw.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 04:48:48 EST »

Another predictable knee jerk reaction from you.  Here's some perspective, it's ONE GAME.  Any team can have a bad night.  UK almost lost to Vandy last night IN RUPP.  (that would have been epic!, but I digress).

Honestly, you remind me of a guy at work that told me, and no, I am not making this up, that during the Soviet era, he used to not be able to sleep at night because he was afraid the USSR would nuke us.  He actually lost sleep over that when he was a teenager!  I can't even imagine that.  I may have had some mild anxiety when there was a crisis, like I remember in 1980 the Norks (North Koreans) did something typically stupid and we went to Defcon 2, which is one level below actual nuclear war, and yeah, maybe a bit of anxiety but I slept like a baby.

But anyway, you remind me of him.  One bad night and OMG!!!! The Sky is Falling!!!! Let's curl up into the fetal position, suck our thumbs, and cry like gigantic babies!!!! The world is coming to an end!!!! it's awful, all so very awful!!!!!

Are you a man, or a 90 year old woman?  Or maybe  a 3 year old girl that wets her pants every time she gets scared?  Do you still pee the bed?

SERIOUSLY....WHAT.  THE. fizzle.  ISYOURPROBLEM!!!!

Goodgodawmitghty.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:50:35 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: