VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 08:12:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pruitt gets IT  (Read 1907 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2020, 01:17:55 EST »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1222670763817422850

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 03:42:53 EST »

Chills
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 04:39:17 EST »

Chills
I was looking for the nearest brick wall

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 07:43:07 EST »

It was a really nice video. But I'll say this: Remember early in Butch's tenure, when the catch-phrase among Tennessee fans was, "Butch gets it?" Yeah, I said it myself. Butch gets it.

I'll never again say a coach, any coach, "gets it." Too many painful memories are invoked. 
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 04:02:16 EST »

Brick by brick. smh. Everyone thought he got it too. Pruitt is different. Can't wait for the OU game.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 05:19:48 EST »

It was a really nice video. But I'll say this: Remember early in Butch's tenure, when the catch-phrase among Tennessee fans was, "Butch gets it?" Yeah, I said it myself. Butch gets it.

I'll never again say a coach, any coach, "gets it." Too many painful memories are invoked. 

All I can say is, I hope it's different.  I think it is... but who's to say if that's wishful thinking or not.  There are plenty of indicators that Pruitt is much more of a real football coach than Butch ever was.  But, deep inside I'm sure most if not all Vol fans are scared to varying degrees that 3, 4, 5 years from now we will be doing another coaching search and we will point back to glaring deficiencies that Pruitt had all along.   

Like I said though, just hope it really is different this time around.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 05:28:33 EST »

All I can say is, I hope it's different.  I think it is... but who's to say if that's wishful thinking or not.  There are plenty of indicators that Pruitt is much more of a real football coach than Butch ever was.  But, deep inside I'm sure most if not all Vol fans are scared to varying degrees that 3, 4, 5 years from now we will be doing another coaching search and we will point back to glaring deficiencies that Pruitt had all along.   

Like I said though, just hope it really is different this time around.
We saw a difference this year.
Butch's last good team started well, had a bit of adversity and collapsed
This year there was more than a bit of adversity and the staff and team just put on more steam

Some have said the schedule was weaker on the back end and that is true
But just remember how many of Fulmer's teams feasted on the November schedule and we thought that good

I am looking forward to seeing how the team plays the 2nd week of the season next year, in Norman - I will be there

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 05:54:38 EST »

Pruitt will forever have the loss to Ga State haunt him. Until he beats UGa, UF, Bama in the same season he will be just another coach. Curious, When was the last time we beat these three in the same season? I haven't looked it up but please don't tell me 1998.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 08:15:52 EST »

Pruitt will forever have the loss to Ga State haunt him. Until he beats UGa, UF, Bama in the same season he will be just another coach. Curious, When was the last time we beat these three in the same season? I haven't looked it up but please don't tell me 1998.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: