VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 06:51:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Barnes way over paid?  (Read 2044 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2020, 05:47:16 EST »

I hope all the snowflakes can answer honestly. Don't give me the "He lost so much talent" BS. So do other teams. I want to hear your excuse for being lazy and showing no hustle for this team. Is that not reflective of the coaching? Don't all the top tier coaches lose a lot of talent every year to the NBA. Especially the ones making Barnes money. I can't wait to hear the excuses. The floor is yours. The way I see it Barnes has always had one good year followed by a mediocre years. It's his MO. Anyone care to disagree. He didn't leave Texas because he was killing it. No, I don't want Pearl back at UT, but you can't deny his teams play with more intensity. BBbbbut Barnes has a good class coming in next year. Until they perform on the court i could give a crap. To me a great coach does more with less talent. Barnes never has. If this ruffles your feathers, too bad. Barnes is a good coach. But some act like he has competed for NCAA titles consistently. He has not. I'm of the opinion that if he could't win a title with Durant he ain't gonna win a title. They were 30-6 last year. No SEC title. Pearl got to the final 4. But to some fans here and elsewhere, just making the tournament is good enough. BS. I don't think just making the NCAA tournament is good enough for the other coaches making his salary. Why is it okay with Vols fans? Excuses coming from you all in...3,2,1. Barnes will never justify that salary unless he wins a title. He played UT and you know it.

volsboyinsodak
10EC
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 06:20:04 EST »

No
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 06:26:00 EST »

It's interesting that you ask a question, then get completely defensive before anyone even replies to it. Troll.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 06:58:28 EST »

JFC. You’re exhausting.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 07:02:59 EST »

It's interesting that you ask a question, then get completely defensive before anyone even replies to it. Troll.

Right?   
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 07:59:57 EST »

Not defensive. Just stating my case. Of course I should know what to expect here. Troll my ass. Answer it honestly. Why does it butt-hurt people so much to be honest about the job he does compared to others making the same money. calling someone a troll is the wussy way to respond. Answer the effing question. Nevermind...we can't handle the truth...lol Just passing time till football season.
Barnes is the 4th highest paid coach. A lot of coaches making lot's less have better results. But he's got a good class coming in. I bet most of the ones on this list do too.
https://watchstadium.com/college-basketball-coaching-salary-and-buyout-database-for-2019-20-season-10-24-2019/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:06:35 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 01:25:16 EST »

JFC. You’re exhausting.

did you mean JFQ? Not seen that one before....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 04:04:07 EST »

That's an easy question to answer: all D1 coaches are overpaid, imo.

Having said that, it is what the market demands. I know that you'll disagree, and that's ok, but to judge Barnes and his worth to the program based on this season is premature, I think.

To rehash old news, this team is in a sense an aberration - the losses of Grant and Bone were completely unforeseeable and the impact of losing Lanier could end up being more important than anyone knew. Moving forward I think CRB will be, and should be, under a much more powerful microscope but to adjust that scope to the highest magnification looking at this year seems to me to be short-sighted.

Just my $0.02 worth.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:14:06 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 04:07:56 EST »

Maybe I should talk crap about them more. They played with hustle and intensity last night. That's all one could ask. I was just butt-hurt because a couple of games they played lazy and with no hustle. If they continue to hustle I have no problem with them. Lack of effort is inexcusable.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 12:35:35 EST »

did you mean JFQ? Not seen that one before....

Okay I gave up and googled it.  I thought you meant Just fizzleing Quit and made a typo, but I now see that you are invoking the name of our Lord and Saviour.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: