VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 01:59:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So what's going on...............  (Read 1451 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2020, 02:45:33 EST »

.......when a kid verbally "commits" in the early signing period but wants to wait to sign with his friends and "commits" again yesterday but still hasn't signed his LOI?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28642553/with-five-star-recru-letter-intent-unsigned-muschamp-south-carolina-patiently-wait-out
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 04:16:24 EST »

And then there is this kid who accepted an offer that wasn't there.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/detraveon-brown-ole-miss-rebels-recruiting-northwood-national-signing-day-2020/?fbclid=IwAR0MZuvg1gPaQ7Tu6UMKYMUi7PUoiAXbknCVIz_tFzaWh4PIeJkbbLKXjRA
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 04:39:20 EST »

It is the punk assed way things are done today. The kids all think they are HOF worthy already and the adults that follow these teams just play into it hook, line and sinker. Don't you feel a little embarrassed to slobber over these teens and where they go to school. Don't feel bad, it's the world we live in. Yet, a good percentage of  these kids can barely sign their names let alone read a college textbook. However, they are college material. Anything wrong with this picture? But if the football team wins, all is well. Damn, what a Debbie Downer I am for just being honest.

volsboyinsodak
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 07:32:20 EST »

If Leave It To Beaver was still on the air, that would probably be the plot in one of the episodes.  Well, gee, Wally, but that really did sound like Coach Saban on the phone.....

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 11:37:44 EST »

.......when a kid verbally "commits" in the early signing period but wants to wait to sign with his friends and "commits" again yesterday but still hasn't signed his LOI?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28642553/with-five-star-recru-letter-intent-unsigned-muschamp-south-carolina-patiently-wait-out

My take is, Muschamp recruited a bunch of his 2/3 star teammates to land him, and this has caused him heartburn on making the decision.  Would be funny if he drops USC, and Muschamp is stuck with the less thans.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 11:40:47 EST »

Most interesting thing about that is to learn Ole Miss recruiting suxed.  Hm, I thought ole Lane was a champion recruiter?  Maybe the kids are starting to see through his BS?  And I love, just LOVE, his assurances that "things are going to happen in the coming months" to make everything all right.  Because...if I know anything about Lane, its that you can take him at his word.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: