VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 06:01:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rocker leaving to join USCe staff in same position  (Read 2553 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2020, 04:23:18 EST »

Also our director of player personnel is going to USC with him.....Odd

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-coaching-staff-2020-season-Tracy-Rocker-defensive-line-coach-South-Carolina-Gamecocks-142373852/
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 05:15:53 EST »

Rumint on twitter says Rocker's replacement will be Jimmy Brumbaugh, currently working for Tucker at Colorado
If you want his bonifides, checkout Brumbaugh's work at Kentucky on the DL
Also, Rocker is going to the Texans now

I am concerned with losing Drew - did good things for the VOLS here

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 05:31:03 EST »

Damn   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 05:33:28 EST »

Personally I'd love to get Dan Brooks back from Clemson.  Was the best DL coach I've ever seen.  Year after year, some 3 star that got little attention during recruiting would emerge, guys like Jesse Maleona, and a bunch of others, and also important, maybe more important, Dan Brooks is a big reason Clemson made inroads into Tennessee in recruiting.  Great recruiter, obviously knows Tennessee very well.

I doubt he would leave Clemson, but I'd throw money at him anyway and see what he says.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 05:35:44 EST »

Rumint on twitter says Rocker's replacement will be Jimmy Brumbaugh, currently working for Tucker at Colorado
If you want his bonifides, checkout Brumbaugh's work at Kentucky on the DL
Also, Rocker is going to the Texans now

I am concerned with losing Drew - did good things for the VOLS here

Yep...Believe it's official now with Brumbaugh. Word is Rocker was offered another position by Pruitt but didn't take it....Within a hour of Rocker announcement he was leaving a replacement is being named. This has been in the works. And leaving for USC where Mushamp is on the hotseat?

https://cubuffs.com/staff-directory/jimmy-brumbaugh/822
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 05:52:34 EST »

Hate to see Rocker leave. Hopefully Brumbaugh is the real deal.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 05:52:55 EST »

Yep...Believe it's official now with Brumbaugh. Word is Rocker was offered another position by Pruitt but didn't take it....Within a hour of Rocker announcement he was leaving a replacement is being named. This has been in the works. And leaving for USC where Mushamp is on the hotseat?

https://cubuffs.com/staff-directory/jimmy-brumbaugh/822

Yeah, rumors are flying all over VN that Rocker was "let go" and "on Pruitt's hot seat". 

Given how well the DL played, why would Pruitt have an issue with him?  Makes no sense to me.  I thought Rucker was also a good recruiter.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 05:55:52 EST »

Personally I'd love to get Dan Brooks back from Clemson.  Was the best DL coach I've ever seen.  Year after year, some 3 star that got little attention during recruiting would emerge, guys like Jesse Maleona, and a bunch of others, and also important, maybe more important, Dan Brooks is a big reason Clemson made inroads into Tennessee in recruiting.  Great recruiter, obviously knows Tennessee very well.

I doubt he would leave Clemson, but I'd throw money at him anyway and see what he says.
Brooks retired

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 05:56:47 EST »

Yeah, rumors are flying all over VN that Rocker was "let go" and "on Pruitt's hot seat". 

Given how well the DL played, why would Pruitt have an issue with him?  Makes no sense to me.  I thought Rucker was also a good recruiter.
It's called RECRUITING (or lack of)

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 06:04:56 EST »

Rocker wasn't much of a recruiter....it has been said he doesn't like to recruit. Most likely why Pruitt offered him a non coaching staff position. We've lost 2 coaches to the NFL so can't fault them for that.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 06:43:59 EST »

Rocker wasn't much of a recruiter....it has been said he doesn't like to recruit. Most likely why Pruitt offered him a non coaching staff position. We've lost 2 coaches to the NFL so can't fault them for that.

Okay, for some reason I thought he could recruit

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 07:40:20 EST »

Okay, for some reason I thought he could recruit
There was one, high profile, recruit that indicated the lack of a relationship with his position coach (Rocker) resulted in him going elsewhere

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: