VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 05:26:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I smell BACON!!! Tennessee 82 - BBQ Pork 61  (Read 3004 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2020, 03:15:34 EST »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 03:30:12 EST »

One of the better games on both ends of the floor we've played all season.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 04:31:56 EST »

I love the win. Any win matters, but I don't think Ark is very good. I liked the line up tonight. We'll see what happens 👍
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 04:52:06 EST »

I'm going all positive on this one. UT made shots. That's a must for this team to compete.  Good showing tonight.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 02:44:06 EST »

Good game.  Apparently Fulky was sick with the flu and didn't practice, didn't even participate in warmups.  Just hope he doesn't infect the rest of the team leading into this upcoming stretch of games. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 04:52:42 EST »

This team keeps showing flashes of their potential. It’s probably too late to make a run for the postseason, but I’m pretty excited about next year. Everyone except Bowden is back, and they’ll be bolstered by a top 5 recruiting class.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 05:20:11 EST »

As much as we pay Barnes, we should have won by 40.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 06:13:33 EST »

I love the win. Any win matters, but I don't think Ark is very good. I liked the line up tonight. We'll see what happens 👍

What's funny is before our game the guru's had Ark projected as a 10 seed....I just don't see it. We still have to play them at their place so it will be interesting to see if they are a different team than we saw last night.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 06:20:08 EST »

As much as we pay Barnes, we should have won by 40.   
What is his quality win so far? You know that's what it comes down to when it gets to being picked for March Madness. So far it ain't happened.

volsboyinsodak
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 10:17:53 EST »

They played well, but we still seem to be a little weak at the ball handling.  Arky looked terrible.  We are really gonna have to go VOLS to the WALL in this late season run.  A win over the Gators and a split with KY and Aubie would be HUGE.  However, it may be tough just to make it to 9 conf wins.  It is gonna be a brutal stretch.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 10:19:40 EST »

This team keeps showing flashes of their potential. It’s probably too late to make a run for the postseason, but I’m pretty excited about next year. Everyone except Bowden is back, and they’ll be bolstered by a top 5 recruiting class.

To quote one of my all time favorite baseball movies "I say win the whole f'ing thing" 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 04:52:02 EST »

What is his quality win so far? You know that's what it comes down to when it gets to being picked for March Madness. So far it ain't happened.

I'd say beating UK twice last year was pretty signature.  Newsflash Eintein, Admiral and Grant suxed their first couple of years, but Barnes sure did develop them.  That takes time though.  Some of these players that aren't so great now, give it a couple years.  This apparently has not occured to you.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 05:33:23 EST »

I'd say beating UK twice last year was pretty signature.  Newsflash Eintein, Admiral and Grant suxed their first couple of years, but Barnes sure did develop them.  That takes time though.  Some of these players that aren't so great now, give it a couple years.  This apparently has not occured to you.
Last year doesn't count for this year. He should have recruited better two years ago. What did he win with last years talent? Zip. Name me his titles last year. He makes big money. I'm glad you think he's earning it. He is typical Barnes. There is no excuse for lazy play and no hustle. That is your coaching. Tough shizzle if you don't like the truth. Rebuilding is no excuse for lazy play and no hustle. You've seen it. I've seen it. Yet I don't give Barnes a pass for it. Those that do suck.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 11:13:56 EST »

Last year doesn't count for this year. He should have recruited better two years ago. What did he win with last years talent? Zip. Name me his titles last year. He makes big money. I'm glad you think he's earning it. He is typical Barnes. There is no excuse for lazy play and no hustle. That is your coaching. Tough shizzle if you don't like the truth. Rebuilding is no excuse for lazy play and no hustle. You've seen it. I've seen it. Yet I don't give Barnes a pass for it. Those that do suck.

lol...you're hopeless.

Barnes will rebuild, but he can't reload.  You can't lose 4 players to the NBA (two to the development league, two to the show), and just reload.  UNC is 10-15 at the moment, do you think they should fire Roy Williams.

I'm way beyond you making me angry. Now I just laugh.   

It's kind of the same progression I have with Uncle Verne on the SEC CBS broadcasts for football. His misidentification of players, calling fumble when it was not, calling penalties on the wrong team, stating the wrong down and distance, being constantly corrected by Danielson, at first really irritated me, but past a certain point I just started chuckling at how bad he was.  That's how I see you now.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: