VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 09:00:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about players entering the transfer portal not being able to  (Read 1805 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2020, 06:42:58 EST »

come back to original school. VaTech's Fuente is catching hell over it. I see both sides. But I am kinda favoring him. How would a rule that said you can't return to the school you want to transfer from affect transfers. I think it would make them think twice before they do it. The transfer issue is getting out of hand. You can't start at your school so I will transfer to one I can. Hurts is a good example. He couldn't start over Tua so he went to another team that was already playoff calibre. It just begs for under handed cheating and shady dealings in the future. Is this being too much against the student athlete to ban them from returning to their original school?

volsboyinsodak
10EC
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 07:45:54 EST »

come back to original school. VaTech's Fuente is catching hell over it. I see both sides. But I am kinda favoring him. How would a rule that said you can't return to the school you want to transfer from affect transfers. I think it would make them think twice before they do it. The transfer issue is getting out of hand. You can't start at your school so I will transfer to one I can. Hurts is a good example. He couldn't start over Tua so he went to another team that was already playoff calibre. It just begs for under handed cheating and shady dealings in the future. Is this being too much against the student athlete to ban them from returning to their original school?

Hurts already graduated from Bama before he went to OU.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 08:53:14 EST »

Did he have to leave Bama because he graduated?

volsboyinsodak
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 02:37:33 EST »

No. he could have stayed and gone to grad school. He let to go start some where.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 04:53:43 EST »

I think Hurts was very smart to do that.  And the rest of the SEC thanks him!!! Thank God he wasn't there when Tua went down.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 05:51:28 EST »

I don't like the transfer portal for undergrads.  If it was up to me, all undergrads would always be required to sit a year if you transferred - no exceptions.

I think that this is fast approaching a 'free agency' type of environment in college sports.  When you make exceptions, you open the door.

That's harsh for the athletes, I know, and I wish that there was a way to fairly govern it but I just don't see it happening.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 06:23:57 EST »

I don't like the transfer portal for undergrads.  If it was up to me, all undergrads would always be required to sit a year if you transferred - no exceptions.

I think that this is fast approaching a 'free agency' type of environment in college sports.  When you make exceptions, you open the door.

That's harsh for the athletes, I know, and I wish that there was a way to fairly govern it but I just don't see it happening.

Agree 100%. If you haven't graduated then you sit a year....And grad transfers have to transfer out of conference.

These undergrad transfers have been very subjective per case and some make little sense. The NCAA said they are going to make it harder going forward to make a transfer eligible the first year...We'll see how that goes.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 12:00:32 EST »

Agree they should sit a year

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: