VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:29:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We let that one get away...  (Read 2213 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2020, 02:19:13 EST »

Road wins are tough to get and I think we had that one.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 03:27:38 EST »

Vol Twitter is all mad but I thought the charge in Fully was the right call.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 03:36:39 EST »

Shot 17-28 FTs......Had 20 TOs. That gets your ass beat.

Barnes has a bad habit he's been know for for years.....He goes to a prevent offense in tight games and it bites him in the ass a lot. He went to it tonight with us up 6 with under 3 minutes to play. Dribble....dribble...dribble and then try to get into a offense with 7 seconds left on the play clock....RUN YOUR DANG offense and go win the game. USC outscored us 11-3 down the stretch when it was gut check time. Barnes needs to also take some blame for this one.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 03:39:43 EST by Tnphil » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 03:56:57 EST »

Barnes has a bad habit he's been know for for years.....He goes to a prevent offense in tight games and it bites him in the ass a lot. He went to it tonight with us up 6 with under 3 minutes to play. Dribble....dribble...dribble and then try to get into a offense with 7 seconds left on the play clock....RUN YOUR DANG offense and go win the game. USC outscored us 11-3 down the stretch when it was gut check time. Barnes needs to also take some blame for this one.

Yes, very true.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 04:06:31 EST »

Yea, that's what I was thinking at the time. It was a little early to try and run out the clock. We were getting them into foul trouble.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 05:28:12 EST »

Vol Twitter is all mad but I thought the charge in Fully was the right call.

I didn’t have a problem with it in real time but I didn’t get a good look at it. When I got home and watched the replay, I thought it was an absolutely awful call. I hate to see refs reward flopping, no matter who is doing the flopping.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 05:36:14 EST »

I agree.

I'm a CRB fan but I don't always agree with his decisions. Running down the shot clock with an 18 year old freshman PG and a team that struggles to score with a full 30 second shot clock might not be the best strategy.

They played hard and gave good effort, it just wasn't enough. If USC could have made free throws it wouldn't have been close.

The foul on Fulkerson could have gone either way I thought, but I felt like karma might have gotten us on that one (I'm not sure that the charge he drew at our place was the greatest call). I haven't watched a replay of the play tbh. Regardless, that call didn't beat this team - when you have 20 turnovers and still have a chance to win on the road you are fortunate to be that close.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 12:28:59 EST »

I think it was a flop, but the defender had position. You can't barge into protected space.

And yeah, blowing a six point lead is more egregious. I love Barnes, but he's rarely going to outscheme anyone on the fly.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 05:54:10 EST »

C&P from TOS

Uros Plavsic....

No points. No rebounds. Two personal fouls. Three turnovers.
All in just TWO minutes of playing time.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 09:56:12 EST »

The foul on Fulkerson could have gone either way I thought, but I felt like karma might have gotten us on that one (I'm not sure that the charge he drew at our place was the greatest call)

My thought exactly.  At the time we cheered and thought "who cares, we won!".
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 12:51:31 EST »

It could be worse...we could be Tar Heel fans. Williams F-bombed at his last post game interview. They have had one losing season in last 50 years. That is incredible It's okay. He makes about a million less a season than Barnes before bonuses kick in. I think Matt Doherty was the coach that season.
https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: