VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 07:21:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How about that!?!...Vols beat Kentucky at Rupp.*  (Read 3698 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2020, 05:09:18 EST »

`
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 05:29:06 EST »

All I know is it’s a shame Rick Barnes is robbing us blind. Laughing all the way to the bank, he is.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 05:30:03 EST »

Amazing effort after being down 17.  Outscored them by 25 from that point, basically playing with a 5-man team (Johnson gave the team some good minutes tonight and did contribute 8 points).

Beating UK in basketball is always amazing.  Beating them in Rupp with a less talented team that has almost no bench help is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!

*Addendum:  I did hate to see all of those upset UK fans having to leave early.  I felt really bad for them.  
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 05:41:04 EST »

Johnson played pretty well, so I'll agree to your 6-man possibility somewhat. Uros couldn't start for our local high school girls team right now. I'm hoping he has tons of hidden potential, though. If so, he's definitely good at something - hiding his potential.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 05:52:37 EST »

Johnson played pretty well, so I'll agree to your 6-man possibility somewhat. Uros couldn't start for our local high school girls team right now. I'm hoping he has tons of hidden potential, though. If so, he's definitely good at something - hiding his potential.

LMAO 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 06:03:16 EST »

Talk about a gut check win These misfits never give up
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 06:06:09 EST »

On Senior Night, no less.

Can't say I saw this coming. This team seems to getting hot at the right time. If they can upset AU Saturday, they might just be back inside the bubble. That would be 3 straight impressive wins to close the regular season.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 09:22:33 EST »

Not only did I not see it coming, I slept through the whole thing.   

Had a long night last night dealing with work so I was out cold on the couch by 8:30pm.  I just woke up (3am), sort of sleepily looked at Twitter for no real reason and saw the score and sat straight up like WHAT???
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 04:16:36 EST »

Any win over UK is sweet. If I can badmouth them when they play bad I sure can praise them when they play like this. I had a feeling they would win this. I was posting on Vol for Life and said I hope Fulkerson has a career night against UK. He did. I would still love a win over Pearl more.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 04:17:41 EST »

Good to see them come from behind instead of lose a big lead. This team is hard to figure out. Hope Auburn is next.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 04:28:30 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 04:26:41 EST »

All I know is it’s a shame Rick Barnes is robbing us blind. Laughing all the way to the bank, he is.
So this win makes him an elite coach all of a sudden and not just a good one. Got it. 13 losses say otherwise. How many elite coaches are struggling to make the round of 64?  Asking for a friend.   

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 04:43:59 EST »

How many elite coaches are struggling to make the round of 64?  Asking for a friend.   

Jim Boeheim and Roy Williams, for starters. Let your friend know.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2020, 05:04:07 EST »

They are not struggling to make it, they aint making it. I was going say that in my message. Besides i'm just messing with creekwalker.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2020, 05:04:47 EST »

LMAO!!!!! Good one BDV
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2020, 05:22:26 EST »

They are not struggling to make it, they aint making it. I was going say that in my message. Besides i'm just messing with creekwalker.
Nice new part in your hair ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 05:25:08 EST »

Nice new part in your hair ...
All i got to say to you is..You were all in on Butch. Nuff said. So I don't put much stock in your coaching analysis Hoss. Barnes is a good coach. But he is making elite coach money. Call me crazy but the bar should be raised for him. He should never struggle to make the top 64, especially after this season. I don't think he will struggle much from here on out. He beat KY so I have nothing but praise for that.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 06:14:13 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 10:03:09 EST »

According to their message board, Hagans refused to go back into the game last night when asked by at least two coaches. Supposedly he told Cal something along the lines of "Why go back in? So you can take me out again?"  

A close friend who has a relative that was seated two rows behind the UK bench says that he verified the report. Says he witnessed the "discussion" (argument?).

Somehow when the Cats basketball teams are in turmoil, my world spins much smoother on its axis.

**Addendum: Had I been on that bench I would have sent him to the locker room immediately.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 10:05:01 EST »

According to their message board, Hagans refused to go back into the game last night when asked by at least two coaches. Supposedly he told Cal something along the lines of "Why go back in? So you can take me out again?"  

A close friend who has a relative that was seated two rows behind the UK bench says that he verified the report. Says he witnessed the "discussion" (argument?).

Somehow when the Cats basketball teams are in turmoil, my world spins much smoother on its axis.

**Addendum: Had I been on that bench I would have sent him to the locker room immediately.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 12:21:54 EST »

All i got to say to you is..You were all in on Butch. Nuff said. So I don't put much stock in your coaching analysis Hoss. Barnes is a good coach. But he is making elite coach money. Call me crazy but the bar should be raised for him. He should never struggle to make the top 64, especially after this season. I don't think he will struggle much from here on out. He beat KY so I have nothing but praise for that.

I used to think that you're either Bama Perry or Merlin, but I think likewise now. Both of those two got some of their facts right and made at least, somewhat, compelling arguments.

Saying that Pirate was 'all in' for Butch rules the factual statements out with a quickness.

11B4PJ3F7
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 12:26:29 EST »

I used to think that you're either Bama Perry or Merlin, but I think likewise now. Both of those two got some of their facts right and made at least, somewhat, compelling arguments.

Saying that Pirate was 'all in' for Butch rules the factual statements out with a quickness.
He ignored the point of the post because it showed his lack of reality

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2020, 01:31:58 EST »

Cmon Man I've been posting here longer than that. I was posting here when both of them were posting. I started posting here when I was stationed at Offutt AFB. I don't recall the exact year but it was probably 97 when we play Nebraska in the Orange Bowl. I just don't use my orange colored glasses as much as some. I will chill on being Mr. Negative. Barnes beat Calipari so he is good for the rest of this season. Hope Pearl is next.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: