VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 04:00:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tap, Tap, Tap  (Read 2321 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2020, 08:21:21 EDT »

Is this thing working today??

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 08:41:58 EDT »

I had problems loading the site yesterday. Everything seems fine today.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 10:41:03 EDT »

Couldn't get on yesterday.....here today.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 10:45:39 EDT »

Is this thing working today??

Did the server get Beer Virus?

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 11:06:10 EDT »

Did the server get Beer Virus?

#7 virus

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 12:56:39 EDT »

I figured Droner had too much wine on his Spring break and pulled the dang plug.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 04:49:01 EDT »

I figured Droner had too much wine on his Spring break and pulled the dang plug.

All went well and all the wine was consumed.

Almost all went well.

This trip cost a lot more than usual since I hit pothole on I-77 and tore up a tire. Fortunately it was a run-flat tire and it stayed inflated for 17 miles until I could get to the BMW dealer in Columbia. I needed two new front tires anyway. So $550.00 later and two hours of wait time and I was back on the road.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 05:17:20 EDT »

All went well and all the wine was consumed.

Almost all went well.

This trip cost a lot more than usual since I hit pothole on I-77 and tore up a tire. Fortunately it was a run-flat tire and it stayed inflated for 17 miles until I could get to the BMW dealer in Columbia. I needed two new front tires anyway. So $550.00 later and two hours of wait time and I was back on the road.

So since droner is a figment of our imagination was it Monopoly Money?

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 03:51:56 EDT »

Since there is no sports to talk about and droner and his misfortune with his tire I thought I'd share my vacation from hell in 1980.

Me the wife and kids decided to take a vacation to Daytona Beach back in 1980. We were going to spend 5 days in Daytona and go over to Disney World for a day then the last 2 days spend a couple of days with friends in Jacksonville that myself and my friend had served together in the Navy and he had retired from the Navy and he and his family decided to retire and stay in JAX, where when I got out we moved back to TN.

Our trip to Daytona went well until about 30 miles from there my speedometer on my car decided to go out...The next day I sent the family to the beach while I went to a dealership at New Smyrna Beach to get my speedometer fixed....About 5 hours later and them tearing my dash out to fix the dang thing and costing about half of what our vacation budget was I trucked it back to Daytona....The next couple of days at the beach were uneventful.

The 3rd day we decided we'd had enough beach for a spell and we trucked it over to Disney....On the way about 30 minutes outside of Orlando I rolled the window down to adjust my mirror and my watch band on my wrist watch broke because of the wind doing 70 MPH and my watch goes flying out the window down I-4. This watch had belonged to my Dad and he had worn it for years and when I was in high school he gave it to me and it meant a lot to me to say the least. We back tracked and looked off the interstate for a good while and never found it....The rest of the day at Disney and the last 2 days at the beach were pretty uneventful...

We left Daytona excited to go spend a couple of nights with friends in JAX we hadn't seen in several years...About 15 miles outside of JAX it came one of those Florida July thunder boomer monsoons where it was coming down so hard you couldn't see going up I-95....Well...you guessed it, my wipers quit working...They stopped cold! I was driving down I-95 with my head out the window like Jim Carey in ACE Ventura Pet Detective so I could see to drive with the rain sand blasting my face. We got off at the next exit and luck would have it there was a Sears Auto Service Center not far and about 3 hours later...a new wiper motor and spending the other half of our vacation budget we were on our way to our friends house who I had called to let them know why we would be late.

We arrived at our friends house right at dusky dark...got out of the car and proceeded to go up their front sidewalk leading to their front porch and then unknowing to us our friends Doberman Pinscher about the size of a small horse comes running around the side of their house and proceeds to clamp down on my wife's forearm with a death grip...My wife is screaming...I'm kicking my friends dog which didn't help...I'm shouting to my friend to get his ass out of the house and get his damn dog before it bit my wife's arm plum off. He comes out of the house and I'm still kicking the dog and he says....BO (dogs name)...let that lady go and get in the house...The dog un-clamped from my wife's arm and goes into the house like nothing had happen. So instead of greeting old friends with hugs and etc...we were wrapping my wife's bleeding arm with towels and heading off to the emergency room where we spent 3 hours getting her arm fixed up.

The next 2 days and the trip home was.....Uneventful  

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:05:19 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 03:57:25 EDT »

A few times lately I've surfed by to find that a landing page loads with generic links. I almost thought Tony had forgotten to pay the bill. I was about to start a mason jar campaign for him!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 01:28:49 EDT »

A few times lately I've surfed by to find that a landing page loads with generic links. I almost thought Tony had forgotten to pay the bill. I was about to start a mason jar campaign for him!

Thought the same thing, lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: