VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 04:12:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is working at their place of work, at home or not working?.......  (Read 3895 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2020, 05:56:14 EDT »

Retirees can just keep your responses to yourself. 

I'm at the office. So is my staff. This could change.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 06:08:46 EDT »

I'm a teacher in the public schools, so I am home (but I'm doing a lot more manual labor than I normally do at school - those honey-do's never seem to decrease). My wife is a retired educator so she's home also. We've been isolated since a trip to the grocery store on Saturday evening.

I'm blessed to not be in the position of having to make a choice between work and social isolation, as of now. We are passing on organized church services and I have put my 3-days a week local group golf games on hold for now. Its a choice that I feel is right for me but I won't condemn those who feel that they can't do likewise.

My hope and prayer is that a short time from now all of this can be put behind us and that death rates are low.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 06:15:34 EDT »

I'm working at home.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 07:13:27 EDT »

Working from home, as is my norm since returning from the UK

Two Biz trips cancelled so far

Probably won't venture out of the Knoxvegas area for a couple more weeks
I do have to go to either Dayton, OH or Warner Robins, GA sometime next month for to get a new military retiree ID card, getting old has its requirements

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 07:37:11 EDT »

Retirees may not have to worry about work, but we're told that we're gonna DIE if we leave our homes!!! Irritatin' thing is, I'm in better physical shape than a lot of these young whippersnappers who won't get off of my lawn!

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 08:25:32 EDT »

We’re a military contractor, so it’ll have to get apocalyptic before we shut down. But we’re being encouraged to stay home if we feel the least bit sick.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 09:42:58 EDT »

We’re a military contractor, so it’ll have to get apocalyptic before we shut down. But we’re being encouraged to stay home if we feel the least bit sick.
Tell me about it.  After 9/11 we weren't allowed on base the rest of the week.  My military boss lived in the same area so we met at his house on his lanai by his pool.  Not bad working conditions

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 01:51:59 EDT »

Well we are retired..hubs is 79 and has COPD, I'm 65 and just diagnosed with breast cancer..surgery last week, chemo starting soon.....needless to say we are staying home....period....we all will die someday, but I ain't ready to go yet!!  

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 02:55:19 EDT »

Well we are retired..hubs is 79 and has COPD, I'm 65 and just diagnosed with breast cancer..surgery last week, chemo starting soon.....needless to say we are staying home....period....we all will die someday, but I ain't ready to go yet!!  

Hang in there Granny. Good luck with your treatment.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 03:10:16 EDT »

T&P to you and your husband Granny.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 04:48:21 EDT »

While I don't know you personally, Granny, I've read enough from you to confidently say that I think you are a kind and caring person. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you!
10EC
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 05:50:25 EDT »

Lifting you up in prayer....  Stay safe and good luck with the treatment.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2020, 07:01:07 EDT »

Best wishes for you Granny. Hope your treatment goes well. Bless you.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2020, 07:41:05 EDT »

I am working from home, we were sent home Monday because an employee tested positive late Friday.  Now the entire Agency is home as of today though (JSC, KSC, etc).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 03:47:18 EDT »

Working at work, mostly.

Where I work now we sell health and wellness products, mostly through online orders.  Part of our line is hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray and wipes... So, yeah... Been a busy, busy week. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 03:47:49 EDT »

Prayers, Granny!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 05:21:22 EDT »

Whoa Granny. That sounds rough. I'm praying you have a complete recovery.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 05:54:39 EDT »

Praying for you and your husband, chemo and surgery can be rough.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: