VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 10:12:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just give it to Henry!  (Read 1991 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2020, 04:39:41 EDT »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yjEQfkx7TS8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/yjEQfkx7TS8</a>

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 05:00:45 EDT »

My God I miss John Ward!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 05:05:30 EDT »

The Stoerner fumble is probably the only big play in UT history where I prefer the national broadcast call to John Ward’s.

That was Sean McDonough, right?

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 05:10:54 EDT »

The Stoerner fumble is probably the only big play in UT history where I prefer the national broadcast call to John Ward’s.

The quibble I have is the RG tripped Sterned because Bill Ratliff bull rushed him into the backfield.
When Ratliff broke off to recover the fumble he was a good 5 yards into the backfield, he dived BACk towards the line
That play was all on Ratliff, his intensity and refusal to quit

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 05:16:02 EDT »

The quibble I have is the RG tripped Sterned because Bill Ratliff bull rushed him into the backfield.
When Ratliff broke off to recover the fumble he was a good 5 yards into the backfield, he dived BACk towards the line
That play was all on Ratliff, his intensity and refusal to quit

The fact that he told Tee to put his damn helmet back on because he was gonna get the ball back, and then he went out and did it, makes that play legend.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 05:17:40 EDT »

I think John was so monotone and even-keeled on that play because he'd just seen the UT offense squander a golden opportunity to win the game on the previous possession. Tee was having a terrible game. I remember thinking myself that it didn't really matter that we'd gotten the ball back because the offense couldn't do anything with it. Then Travis Henry decided to show off.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 05:19:12 EDT »

If we'd given the ball to Henry more earlier in the game (stupid creativity in the 3rd quarter 1st and goal at the 5), and fed him in '99...

In fairness, Jamal should have gotten more touches in Little Rock in the '97. Grrr. I love Cut, but he outthought himself too much.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 03:56:36 EDT »

Yes it was! And until this day every time I hear his voice on TV it takes me back to that Ark game.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 04:03:10 EDT »

That last drive was just will and not be denied. The way the game is meant to be played. I'm old school....line up and whip the man's ass in front of you. Problem is the last umpteen years our OL hasn't been able to do that as a whole unit. There is nothing better than to see a defense waive the white flag in the 4th quarter because the offense has whipped them into the next week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: