VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 05:03:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toughest job in TV right now.........  (Read 2977 times)
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2020, 04:59:08 EDT »

sportscaster on local news.  Tonight they covered the Rock-Paper-Scissors tournment among their own staff, followed  by a preview of the Turtle Derby.  Tough gig.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 05:07:46 EDT »

My local newscast runs a score tracker across the screen for the entire 30 minutes. We see every game that WOULD have been played today with "ppd" where the score should be. Unnecessary and cruel. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 05:39:53 EDT »

sportscaster on local news.  Tonight they covered the Rock-Paper-Scissors tournment among their own staff, followed  by a preview of the Turtle Derby.  Tough gig.

I saw that R-P-S on ESPN a few years ago....I couldn't believe they were showing it...and I couldn't believe I was watching it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:45:21 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 02:47:52 EDT »

I've saw that R-P-S on ESPN a few years ago....I couldn't believe they were showing it...and I couldn't believe I was watching it.

You could watch the Cornhole Tournament.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 05:01:17 EDT »

You could watch the Cornhole Tournament.

Watched more than one of those...What's more amazing than ESPN showing these off the wall sports is they have announcers and play by play.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 06:22:36 EDT »

Have you guys ever seen drone racing? I found this on one of the ESPNs (the Ocho?) late one night.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bZvNLuC12R0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/bZvNLuC12R0</a>

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 02:06:11 EDT »

I have been going on youtube and finding complete network broadcasts of NFL games from the 70s - it is pure freakin gold.  ANd I absolutely love the commercials.  Commercials from today literally make me want to fizzleing hit my tv with a baseball bat, but the ads from the 70s are actually entertaining.  I have even watched a couple of MNF's with Howard and Dandy Don...like I said, PURe Freaking GOLD.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 04:57:47 EDT »

I have been going on youtube and finding complete network broadcasts of NFL games from the 70s - it is pure freakin gold.  ANd I absolutely love the commercials.  Commercials from today literally make me want to fizzleing hit my tv with a baseball bat, but the ads from the 70s are actually entertaining.  I have even watched a couple of MNF's with Howard and Dandy Don...like I said, PURe Freaking GOLD.

I've done that in the past and you're right about the commercials. When I see them I remember most like it was just last week.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 05:09:38 EDT »

I've been watching old Vols football games on YouTube. It's amazing how good we were back in the day. And many of us were still not satisfied. Losing one or two games was considered a catastrophe. Interesting.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 07:47:32 EDT »

2007 World Krystal eating competition is on now....Yes I'm watching.

There was a time 30 or so years ago I could have given them a run for their money at 3am.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 08:23:53 EDT »

I've been watching old Vols football games on YouTube. It's amazing how good we were back in the day. And many of us were still not satisfied. Losing one or two games was considered a catastrophe. Interesting.

That is so true

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 01:58:05 EDT »

2007 World Krystal eating competition is on now....Yes I'm watching.

There was a time 30 or so years ago I could have given them a run for their money at 3am.

We were at a tailgate back in the day and one of our own (ex Volunteer player for Johnny Majors) was discussing the Krystal eating habits if himself and several of his OL compadres and let me just say that I maxed out at 10 Krystals back when I was a hefty younger man and he was discussing eating 50 per person. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 02:15:31 EDT »

We were at a tailgate back in the day and one of our own (ex Volunteer player for Johnny Majors) was discussing the Krystal eating habits if himself and several of his OL compadres and let me just say that I maxed out at 10 Krystals back when I was a hefty younger man and he was discussing eating 50 per person. 

I remember that
Reminds me that I haven't checked the "weather report" in quite some time (if it still exists)

BTW, I opened the for him back in the day

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 07:37:06 EDT »

I said we were spoiled during the Fulmer firing.  But do they listen to me? no.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 05:22:33 EDT »

I remember the Cannon Loading tournaments when military schools broke down cannon, carried each piece over an obstacle course, reassembled the cannon, and the first team to load and shoot the cannon won. ESPN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: