VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 02:18:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Even a UT grad I generally don't acknowledge is getting on the train  (Read 1206 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2020, 11:31:05 EDT »

https://twitter.com/SECNetwork/status/1257807298547847175?s=20

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 12:48:08 EDT »

Paul even had Pruitt on his show today....I didn't hear it but those that did said it was a good interview.

Finebaum had this to say about Pruitt this week:

During his weekly appearance on Birmingham-based WJOX 94.5 FM radio program “The Roundtable,” Finebaum shared his thoughts on Tennessee’s recent success and noted that the best sign that Pruitt’s program is on the rise comes from all the other rivals calling out the Vols.

“He’s getting players that Tennessee has not gotten in a long time so he’s learned from others, especially his old boss in Tuscaloosa,” Finebaum said on the show. “I think he feels and senses the momentum, so he’s playing to it and no matter how you slice it, Jeremy Pruitt’s recruiting has been the story of this spring. And the reason why I’m convinced that Tennessee is on the cusp of returning to power is I am hearing criticism from other schools, competing schools – from rivals, that he’s not doing that great.

“I haven’t heard anybody mentioned Tennessee recruiting in so long, I mean you have to go back almost to me outside of a brief moment with Butch Jones and Lane Kiffin for about 20 minutes, you have to go back to the heyday of Phil Fulmer. It is amazing — the perception out there right now. There’s nothing going on so if you create a perception, it is going to carry you and I think they’re building off of it.”

“I’m not really that surprised when you know Jeremy Pruitt, and all of us on this program know him,” Finebaum added. “He’s always been a really good recruiter — he may be even a better evaluator, I mean he is in the Nick Saban class, in terms of Nick Saban protegees, I think he may be the best evaluator. And that really makes a big difference in recruiting and Tennessee fans have been hungry and thirsty, and they’ve had a voracious attitude appetite for a long time and I think they’re finally getting a return.”
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 12:56:51 EDT »

Paul even had Pruitt on his show today....I didn't hear it but those that did said it was a good interview.

Finebaum had this to say about Pruitt this week:

During his weekly appearance on Birmingham-based WJOX 94.5 FM radio program “The Roundtable,” Finebaum shared his thoughts on Tennessee’s recent success and noted that the best sign that Pruitt’s program is on the rise comes from all the other rivals calling out the Vols.

“He’s getting players that Tennessee has not gotten in a long time so he’s learned from others, especially his old boss in Tuscaloosa,” Finebaum said on the show. “I think he feels and senses the momentum, so he’s playing to it and no matter how you slice it, Jeremy Pruitt’s recruiting has been the story of this spring. And the reason why I’m convinced that Tennessee is on the cusp of returning to power is I am hearing criticism from other schools, competing schools – from rivals, that he’s not doing that great.

“I haven’t heard anybody mentioned Tennessee recruiting in so long, I mean you have to go back almost to me outside of a brief moment with Butch Jones and Lane Kiffin for about 20 minutes, you have to go back to the heyday of Phil Fulmer. It is amazing — the perception out there right now. There’s nothing going on so if you create a perception, it is going to carry you and I think they’re building off of it.”

“I’m not really that surprised when you know Jeremy Pruitt, and all of us on this program know him,” Finebaum added. “He’s always been a really good recruiter — he may be even a better evaluator, I mean he is in the Nick Saban class, in terms of Nick Saban protegees, I think he may be the best evaluator. And that really makes a big difference in recruiting and Tennessee fans have been hungry and thirsty, and they’ve had a voracious attitude appetite for a long time and I think they’re finally getting a return.”
Put on more steam!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: