VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:02:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye Tim Jordan....  (Read 2642 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2020, 05:40:51 EDT »

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2020/05/30/vol-rb-reportedly-arrested-in-florida/
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 06:31:40 EDT »

Loaded gun and drugs. Probably not a good combo.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 07:00:19 EDT »

Pruitt says that Jordan is no longer on the team as of now.

I don't know if "as of now" means that the door is open for him to return or if it means that he's off of the team permanently starting right now. I should probably call a lawyer to clarify.  

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2020/06/18/pruitt-tim-jordan-no-longer-on-the-team/?fbclid=IwAR05CsAxf4-t7MGXua5A1GMsiquM7XLldW3Pap-6Mk92AeO_txEv3cS11fw
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 12:25:23 EDT »

The handgun was a Ruger LP pistol and was loaded and unholstered in his back pocket.

Hope he had the safety on...yikes. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 12:48:36 EDT »

The handgun was a Ruger LP pistol and was loaded and unholstered in his back pocket.

Hope he had the safety on...yikes. 

The Ruger LCP doesn't have a safety.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 04:26:05 EDT »

I did not know that. So much for not recruiting thugs. I guess I just can't imagine growing up in an inner -city and probably shouldn't judge these kids. They only do what they've been taught and grown up with.  I probably judge them too harshly. We would all be the same growing up in their situation. I'm trying to do better.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 05:44:34 EDT »

OMG, that's so much worse. I don't own a handgun (do own two rifles and a shotgun) and absolutely don't profess to be an expert, but I did see on Band of Brothers that one of them kept a Ruger of some sort as a souvenier, stuck it in his belt, and later that night it discharged and he bled out and died, which is a really awful way to go.  Pretty sure that was a true story, Band of Brothers was a pretty faithful adaption of the book.

What a really stupid thing to do.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 09:05:53 EDT »

OMG, that's so much worse. I don't own a handgun (do own two rifles and a shotgun) and absolutely don't profess to be an expert, but I did see on Band of Brothers that one of them kept a Ruger of some sort as a souvenier, stuck it in his belt, and later that night it discharged and he bled out and died, which is a really awful way to go.  Pretty sure that was a true story, Band of Brothers was a pretty faithful adaption of the book.

What a really stupid thing to do.   

That's not unusual anymore. Most modern handguns have features like a trigger safety and firing pin block that make it almost impossible to discharge without physically pulling the trigger. In fact, a manual safety can be a real negative in a life and death situation. Now obviously if you keep your gun within reach of kids then you want the manual (as well as a gun safe). But many can do without it.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 10:37:57 EDT »

That's not unusual anymore. Most modern handguns have features like a trigger safety and firing pin block that make it almost impossible to discharge without physically pulling the trigger. In fact, a manual safety can be a real negative in a life and death situation. Now obviously if you keep your gun within reach of kids then you want the manual (as well as a gun safe). But many can do without it.

Does the Ruger LP though?   Ruger pistols didn't in December 1944, for sure.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 10:42:45 EDT »

Also, FTR, looks like the reporter was a bit off in the gun description.  likely should be a Ruger LCP

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&ei=NGjyXuC7DYGrytMP8Ky0iA8&q=ruger+lp&oq=ruger+lp&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIECAAQCjICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyBAgAEAoyBAgAEAoyAggAMgQIABAKMgIIADoECAAQR1CNHFiNHGDXIGgAcAF4AIABY4gBY5IBATGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjgpZu05ZjqAhWBlXIEHXAWDfEQ4dUDCAw&uact=5

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 10:48:34 EDT »

See my post above. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 11:32:57 EDT »

See my post above. 

Yes, you got it right.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: