VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:20:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy guns and ammo, folks. That’s it. That’s the post.*  (Read 2746 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2020, 03:25:20 EDT »

10EC
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 04:49:56 EDT »

Who is the enemy?  What a screwed up world?
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 04:10:23 EDT »

I guess the enemy is us. Pray for our country.

volsboyinsodak
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 03:14:34 EDT »

lol, buy ammo, yer funny 

11B4PJ3F7
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 01:26:18 EDT »

Yeah, I've laughed at friends who've come to me "hey, where can I get some ammo?".          
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 12:54:05 EDT »

I typically have at least 4 cases on hand. During the warmer part of the year, I go through a lot, so I rotate and replenish

11B4PJ3F7
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 01:45:52 EDT »

It's typically the same ones....you know the ones who always intend to stock up on some but always forget to until there's a crisis and they get nervous. I always remind them of what my dad would tell me so often regarding various matters "it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"!                  
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 07:30:38 EDT »

I have  full load of shotgun shells, what else do I need?   

But my semi-automatic rifle with bananna clip is there too, just in case.  200 shots of that should do for now.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 08:50:11 EDT »

I have  full load of shotgun shells, what else do I need?   

But my semi-automatic rifle with bananna clip is there too, just in case.  200 shots of that should do for now.   

I'm that dude Volman references above. As bad as things have been, I'd be shocked if it comes to that even now. Stay out of the known pockets of disturbances/riots. Should be good. I did pass on walking my dog last Saturday/Sunday here in Nashville tho. I live about 3 miles from the action. As soon as the police got serious, it was over.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 11:30:00 EDT »

I have so much stored up for so long that I'd have to dust off the boxes to read which box goes into which handgun/rifle/shotgun.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 03:29:09 EDT »

For now I agree that avoiding protest areas and there should be nothing to be concerned about. What I would want to be ready for is what could develop in another month of people being out of work, drug addicts needing their drugs, drunks needing their drink etc. fueled by anger at the gov't and their neighbors who have not been as impacted.           
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 06:39:03 EDT »

I'm that dude Volman references above. As bad as things have been, I'd be shocked if it comes to that even now. Stay out of the known pockets of disturbances/riots. Should be good. I did pass on walking my dog last Saturday/Sunday here in Nashville tho. I live about 3 miles from the action. As soon as the police got serious, it was over.

Oh I'm not that worried about it, definitely not in the part of town I live in.  I went on travel for the government for 4 days one time, came home to find my garage door still up and nothing was missing.  On other occasions I have gone on long trips and left my front door unlocked, still nothing missing!

However when a huge tornado (actually multiple tornadoes) tore through Huntsville in 2011 and knocked down the only high voltage lines from Brown's Ferry Nuclear plant, and Huntsville was powerless for over a week, I did get my rifle out, clean it, and even held it while looking out my upstairs window one night when sirens came close to my house, but I was definitely aware I was overeacting, it was just kind of fun to imagine looters coming down by street and having to fend them off, kind of like the little kid in a Chistmas story, but with a real gun.   

In the event, crime did increase in Huntsville the first couple days as professional thieves tried their luck, but the city declared a curfew  and got that under control ASAP.  Really not much happened, but Huntsville is mostly a conservative city full of engineers, who are not known (generally) to be thugs.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 05:41:26 EDT »

9mm range ammo was <$0.20/round a few months ago. Now it's > $0.30/round. Buy low y'all.

I've got a spreadsheet with prices going back to 2012. It's not pricey to snag plenty when costs are low. It's an expensive enough hobby without overpaying for rounds.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: