VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:10:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I’ve sad it before: PJ Fleck is Big 10 Butch.  (Read 1158 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2020, 06:44:59 EDT »

And these rings are the most Butch things ever.

https://twitter.com/gopherfootball/status/1285746335430455297?s=21

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 08:02:58 EDT »

Ahh, let them have their moment. I personally find Minnesota's newfound success to be a refreshing change and I hope they become a perennial contender in the mathematically-challenged conference. Minnesota is one of those programs that used to be what we would call a blue-blood before falling completely into irrelevancy. When I think of Tennessee and the worst-case scenario of what could happen to our brand if we don't resurrect this thing quickly, I always think of Minnesota.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 08:51:00 EDT »

Sure, but...the Gameday logo? Team GPA? RestOAR (because “row the boat”- get it? GET IT?)? It’s all just too perfect. And too Butch.

Oh, and the Outback and Home Depot logos as well. That sucker is a work of art.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 08:53:34 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 02:17:08 EDT »

Ahh, let them have their moment. I personally find Minnesota's newfound success to be a refreshing change and I hope they become a perennial contender in the mathematically-challenged conference. Minnesota is one of those programs that used to be what we would call a blue-blood before falling completely into irrelevancy. When I think of Tennessee and the worst-case scenario of what could happen to our brand if we don't resurrect this thing quickly, I always think of Minnesota.

Yep....Coach Murray Warmath from my hometown of Humboldt, Tn and I met him several times......played at Tennessee under General Neyland. He was the head coach at Minnesota and took the Golden Gophers to a national championship in 1960.

And getting bowl rings has been going on for years...But you are right, BDV....putting the history of the school on them is a bit much.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:19:08 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 07:00:38 EDT »

CW I hear you about Minnesota and how the Vols might go that route, but I think Minnesota's success in football is in the very distant pass.  The school closer to home that scares me is Ole Miss.  They were an SEC power up through the early 70s, but other than a few above average seasons with Eli and a couple of actually top ten type seasons a few years ago, they have been a has-been for over 50 years. Something the Vols are IMO at the crossroads of.

My hope is that the Vols of the last decade are like LSU of the 90s.  LSU was ranked pretty high preseason in 1988, but were upset early in the season multiple times, then went into a decline that lasted the entire 90s until Saban broke them out of it in 2001 (at our expense!  ).  I am hoping we are LSU 2000, ready to have a good season leading to a great one and then maybe an NC.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: