VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 08:10:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 game conference schedule only approved  (Read 2687 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2020, 10:36:48 EDT »

Season to start Sept 26th.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1288930430515908612?s=20
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 02:44:49 EDT »

LOL @ Florida, they get Bama and A&M.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 05:58:04 EDT »

And if they take the next two years' West opponents like they're talking about, we'll add Ole Miss and LSU. The return of Kiffin and the defending NC. Too bad there won't be any fans there to see it.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 05:35:33 EDT »

So I guess you can't catch the Virus if you play only conference games. Does this make any sense?

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 07:53:01 EDT »

And based on what's out there (nobody knows for sure yet) UGA would get Miss State and Ark. If true that BS!
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 12:13:08 EDT »

so we drop the Oklahoma game? I can't say that I'm disappointed by that

11B4PJ3F7
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 03:34:32 EDT »

so we drop the Oklahoma game? I can't say that I'm disappointed by that

But we also dropped Charlotte, Furman, and Troy. It depends on the two West games we add, but our schedule probably just got tougher.

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 03:50:18 EDT »

IMO, the scheduling needs to be a random draw.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 04:02:31 EDT »

Bama fans saying they are getting Vandy and Mizzou. Another BS move if true.

Hope the SEC gets the schedule out there pretty soon so we can cuss and discuss who got lucky and who got screwed.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 04:16:17 EDT »

Bama fans saying they are getting Vandy and Mizzou. Another BS move if true.

Hope the SEC gets the schedule out there pretty soon so we can cuss and discuss who got lucky and who got screwed.

We’re Tennessee. You know they’ll add LSU and a second bammer game to our schedule. 

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2020, 11:18:57 EDT »

With the covid cases being where they are right now, sadly I don't see any SEC games being played.
In my opinion, It's like the cook on the Titanic planning his breakfast menu for the next morning after just hitting the iceberg..
Some of the other conferences are starting up on week one. I think if that round of games actually gets played,
the cases among those players will spread like wild fire and be so high that the rest of the season as a whole will be cancelled because you can't social distance lined up facing someone inches away,beating the hell out of each other for 3 hours and not breath on each other. They can take temperatures and test all they want but a handful of players showing no symptoms can and will slip through the cracks.. Just my thoughts, will see what happens
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 02:45:15 EDT »

In my opinion, It's like the cook on the Titanic planning his breakfast menu for the next morning after just hitting the iceberg..

Good one!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 07:21:05 EDT »

With the covid cases being where they are right now, sadly I don't see any SEC games being played.
Some of the other conferences are starting up on week one. I think if that round of games actually gets played,
the cases among those players will spread like wild fire and be so high that the rest of the season as a whole will be cancelled because you can't social distance lined up facing someone inches away,beating the hell out of each other for 3 hours and not breath on each other. They can take temperatures and test all they want but a handful of players showing no symptoms can and will slip through the cracks.. Just my thoughts, will see what happens

Easy solution.  Infect every single D1 player with the virus now, and they will be better by the time the season rolls around.  They are  young, they can take it.  Coaches will be at risk, but that's what they get the big bucks for.  Referees will also be at risk, so easy solution - no refs!  They're all blind anyway.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 04:07:40 EDT »

Easy solution.  Infect every single D1 player with the virus now, and they will be better by the time the season rolls around.  They are  young, they can take it.  Coaches will be at risk, but that's what they get the big bucks for.  Referees will also be at risk, so easy solution - no refs!  They're all blind anyway.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: