VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:29:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC 2020 FB schedules to be released at 6pm Eastern.*  (Read 5163 times)
Creek Walker
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2020, 03:04:39 EDT »

like I said,win your games, you will advance. If we ever beat UF, UGa and Bama in the same season we will be right in the playoff mix. Besides, this season/year is a one time only situation I hope.

Well, I agree with Vinnie that I don't really have a problem with our schedule...in fact, I think it'll be fun if we actually get to play it. I hate sitting through snoozefests against UT Chattanooga and Arkansas State. But here's the problem with the teams that get the screws put to them and gets a much tougher draw as a result of that arbitrary scheduling: the fans like you who will inevitably be sitting here in November hollering "Fahr him!!" when UT doesn't win its games.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2020, 04:20:19 EDT »

Well, I agree with Vinnie that I don't really have a problem with our schedule...in fact, I think it'll be fun if we actually get to play it. I hate sitting through snoozefests against UT Chattanooga and Arkansas State. But here's the problem with the teams that get the screws put to them and gets a much tougher draw as a result of that arbitrary scheduling: the fans like you who will inevitably be sitting here in November hollering "Fahr him!!" when UT doesn't win its games.

Bingo.  To me, I'd consider 6-4 with this schedule as a record that Pruitt could stand by and say "we're still headed in the right direction".  7-3 would be wonderful and anything better would be party time.  5-5 or worse, meh.

And like you, one of the things that excited me is every weekend would be games I'd be glued to across the league, no snoozers.  Think of the ratings the SEC would run if they push through the negativity and play the season especially if other big conferences pull the plug.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 04:23:19 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2020, 06:43:15 EDT »

About right.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYkc72gqCCM
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 07:12:50 EDT »

Is Pruitt not getting paid well to beat UF, UGa and Bama? Then he should do it. A tough schedule does no good if you lose three of your games.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2020, 08:09:04 EDT »

Is Pruitt not getting paid well to beat UF, UGa and Bama? Then he should do it. A tough schedule does no good if you lose three of your games.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2020, 08:10:33 EDT »

It all comes down to money. What will win out. Player safety or revenue.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2020, 08:16:01 EDT »

I agree it's a dead horse. But how many years will it be acceptable to lose to these three teams? Of course we lost 5 out of 7 to Vandy. I guess it is acceptable.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2020, 08:33:14 EDT »

You just answered your own question.....We had talent level that couldn't beat Vandy and you think with the talent we couldn't beat Vandy with should beat Bama, FL and UGA. Pruitt is catching up on the talent front and he couldn't do it in just 2 recruiting classes...His first class was mostly holding onto what the previous staff had committed with a few of his he got....If you don't have your 2 deep close to being equal you aren't going to compete with the big dogs in the SEC that has exactly that.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2020, 09:39:30 EDT »

You just answered your own question.....We had talent level that couldn't beat Vandy and you think with the talent we couldn't beat Vandy with should beat Bama, FL and UGA. Pruitt is catching up on the talent front and he couldn't do it in just 2 recruiting classes...His first class was mostly holding onto what the previous staff had committed with a few of his he got....If you don't have your 2 deep close to being equal you aren't going to compete with the big dogs in the SEC that has exactly that.

Right, when we have the talent and depth to go toe to toe with them is when I'll hold Pruitt to that standard.  But I would be disappointed if we didn't somehow get one of the three this year.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: