VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 12:43:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCS won't have playoffs......  (Read 1568 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2020, 08:58:36 EDT »

......more than 50% of the teams said that they wouldn't play in the fall. The FCS regular season could be in jeopardy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/with-more-college-football-cancellations-sport-inches-closer-to-total-fall-shutdown/ar-BB17Iesi?ocid=msedgdhp
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 09:29:00 EDT »

This is not good news.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/reports-fall-sports-could-potentially-be-canceled-in-all-conferences-by-the-end-of-next-week/?fbclid=IwAR1Ka4FQ39_racOdMFNzDmy0lEgfxgoZ0uVOL7tNA2wXx6cmIoWZHf8u8x4
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 10:44:02 EDT »

Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 09:28:17 EDT »

If the season get cancelled, I am thinking of the good in this move and the more I think about it the more comfortable I am. Points include:

* We have a 6 game winning streak which is 2nd in the SEC and 4th longest in the nation
* The staff has sold this streak to where we have a Top 5 recruiting class
* Playing this stacked schedule could potentially jeopardize this class
* If played, the season could have games probably canceled or played with missing players
* The talented and more deeper teams will benefit from this in addition to their weaker schedules
* Doubtful bowl games will be played except for the playoffs which benefits potentially only Alabama and Georgia in the SEC, our main competitors

If it happens, I will gladly turn to round-ball where our team is loaded and can play with anyone on any court.
Just my thoughts.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 10:05:20 EDT »

The small schools need the games against P5 schools for the payday. P5 schools playing conference games only kills the G5 schools revenue. Their athletic depts. are going to struggle mightily financially. Heck even the P5 teams are going to struggle money-wise.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 11:21:08 EDT »

I saw a rumor yesterday that if the B10 cancels their season this week, several of their programs will play as B12 members this year. Not sure if they can even do that, but it’s out there.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 12:49:55 EDT »

I saw a rumor yesterday that if the B10 cancels their season this week, several of their programs will play as B12 members this year. Not sure if they can even do that, but it’s out there.

I'd take it at this point.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 03:06:12 EDT »

That could explain why the Big Ten is apparently trying to get the other P5 conferences on board with canceling the season and making a "uniform" announcement.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 04:16:39 EDT »

That could explain why the Big Ten is apparently trying to get the other P5 conferences on board with canceling the season and making a "uniform" announcement.

Just to vindicate their own decision and do they don't have to face the fire alone.  Cowards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: