VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:12:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC school presidents are having a meeting this afternoon.......  (Read 1673 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2020, 08:09:29 EDT »

What are the bets on this? I'm saying 50-50 on waiting until September to decide. 50-50 on postponing until spring. If they decide to go ahead as scheduled, I will be surprised.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 08:24:41 EDT »

Will be interesting to see....Practice is due to start in a few days...No need to start if games are going to start later or not at all. Already pushed back opening season until Sept 26.

I don't see the SEC going ahead if the other conferences opt out.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 08:44:06 EDT »

I just don’t get it. Late last week everyone was planning to play. Schedules were set and everything. COVID numbers have only improved since then, so now they want to cancel?

Dirty politics.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 08:50:19 EDT »

IMO they didn't want to be the first to flinch....Looks like the Big 10 was the first to flinch.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 2-3 days.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 09:43:55 EDT »

IMO they didn't want to be the first to flinch....Looks like the Big 10 was the first to flinch.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 2-3 days.

No one wanted to be the first to cancel and no one wants to be the last. The weird thing is that the MAC turns out to be the conference that set this thing off.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 10:47:09 EDT »

No one wanted to be the first to cancel and no one wants to be the last. The weird thing is that the MAC turns out to be the conference that set this thing off.
Well, the MAC did bring us the Carney broker (via Cinti), so perhaps it's a good thing it cancels football ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 06:03:14 EDT »

I heard an interview with Drew Rosenhous yesterday and he said the big and PAC had both cancelled

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 06:08:19 EDT »

I heard an interview with Drew Rosenhous yesterday and he said the big and PAC had both cancelled

Don't believe anyone knows what is happening right now. Big Whatever Conference is getting push back from their own member schools and they don't know what to do. They don't want to be the only P5 conference to fold...They want to bring the other conferences down with them. What's going on in college football right now dang near compares to what goes on in Washington daily.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 06:32:13 EDT »

If your life revolves around 18-22 year olds playing a game, I think you are effed for this season. Feel bad for the seniors this year. Will they get another year of eligibility. They should. It's easy for us to say they should play. We have no skin in the game as far as the virus is concerned. Would I want my kid to play. Don't know.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 06:34:25 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: