VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:42:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anybody believe this?  (Read 857 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2020, 05:22:36 EDT »

Cancelling the football season isn't about health...It's union busting

https://sports.yahoo.com/cancelling-college-football-season-union-113456784.html
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 05:51:54 EDT »

I don't really have a problem believing it...but I have a problem taking biased Yahoo Sports articles seriously. I remember back when Pete Thamel used to be a highly-respected voice in sports journalism. Now, he just seems like another guy paid to spew opinions that are increasingly political in nature.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 06:38:12 EDT »

So do we want college sports to remain amateur or be paid? If so how does a player from South Dakota State get paid equal to a Vols player? What about the women? The world is all about equality these days. But equality is a myth that no one will admit to being a myth. They will want the same amount. I think it will be a death sentence for the smaller, non revenue generating sports.  I do not recall not getting paid to play college football an issue with any of the past greats. If they didn't need to get paid, none of the current snowflakes do either.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: