VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 10:56:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social injustice....  (Read 2343 times)
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2020, 10:17:57 EDT »

I go to espn online to see the scores and I see herbstreit trying to get me to own part of these softy lefties guilt trip. Active systemic racism is debunked by the millions of people of color who have pulled the hair out of the neither region and made something of themself in this country. Morgan Freeman... the way to get over racism is to stop freakin talking about it. I want my sports withiout people trying to stick a sharp stick in my eye for something someone else did to someone else not the ones nagging us to hell and back,.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 10:30:15 EDT »

Not to get political, but I agree...  While racism is bad and I wish it were eradicated... The demand for racism in this country far exceeds the supply.

And as soon as I hear some talking head start trying to make me feel bad for being white, I'm turning it.  People have gone over the edge.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 04:37:55 EDT »

skipping thru that crap was a beautiful thing.  The demand far exceeds the supply - that is a great way to put it.  The demand is there for one reason that towers over all the others: it is an election year and not just any election year.

Kinda changing the subject - the grand conjunction will grace us this Dec 21 ... the conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn, which only happens every 20 years or so.  The last time it occurred it was behind the sun from our point of view on Earth and we could not really see it well unaided.  Before that it could be seen in Jan of '81.  However, this upcoming grand conjunction is very special due to how unbelievably close the two giant planets will line up this time around.  They will come about 0.1 deg apart and you will be able to see both planets simultaneously in a telescopes field of view.  It will be the closest the two have come together from our line of site on Earth since 1623!  400 years ago.  The time of the Mayflower and the year of the second Thanksgiving, IIRC.  A lot of folks have theorized that a grand conjunction is what the 3 wise men took to be the sign of the messiah.  Seeing how this upcoming and rare conjunction is going to occur so close to the 'traditional' birth of Christ, it really has to make you wonder.  Maybe all those preppers are right

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 06:19:09 EDT »

The mute button was used many times yesterday...and will be all season.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 08:49:18 EDT »

skipping thru that crap was a beautiful thing.  The demand far exceeds the supply - that is a great way to put it.  The demand is there for one reason that towers over all the others: it is an election year and not just any election year.

Kinda changing the subject - the grand conjunction will grace us this Dec 21 ... the conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn, which only happens every 20 years or so.  The last time it occurred it was behind the sun from our point of view on Earth and we could not really see it well unaided.  Before that it could be seen in Jan of '81.  However, this upcoming grand conjunction is very special due to how unbelievably close the two giant planets will line up this time around.  They will come about 0.1 deg apart and you will be able to see both planets simultaneously in a telescopes field of view.  It will be the closest the two have come together from our line of site on Earth since 1623!  400 years ago.  The time of the Mayflower and the year of the second Thanksgiving, IIRC.  A lot of folks have theorized that a grand conjunction is what the 3 wise men took to be the sign of the messiah.  Seeing how this upcoming and rare conjunction is going to occur so close to the 'traditional' birth of Christ, it really has to make you wonder.  Maybe all those preppers are right

« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 08:51:01 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 07:38:19 EDT »

The leagues that are continuing the social justice sermon from the announcers booths are seeing ratings drop like rocks.  And those that aren't, golf and MLB to name a couple, are doing fine ratings wise.  And it is about ratings and TV generated revenues. 

I had no problem with it being talked about when the leagues started returning from the Covid breaks, but to continue to beat that drum night after night is not working for them.  The one thing the Covid interruption did was prove to people that they don't have to have professional sports to survive.  There are other options for time and entertainment. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 07:46:33 EDT »

skipping thru that crap was a beautiful thing.  The demand far exceeds the supply - that is a great way to put it.  The demand is there for one reason that towers over all the others: it is an election year and not just any election year.

Kinda changing the subject - the grand conjunction will grace us this Dec 21 ... the conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn, which only happens every 20 years or so.  The last time it occurred it was behind the sun from our point of view on Earth and we could not really see it well unaided.  Before that it could be seen in Jan of '81.  However, this upcoming grand conjunction is very special due to how unbelievably close the two giant planets will line up this time around.  They will come about 0.1 deg apart and you will be able to see both planets simultaneously in a telescopes field of view.  It will be the closest the two have come together from our line of site on Earth since 1623!  400 years ago.  The time of the Mayflower and the year of the second Thanksgiving, IIRC.  A lot of folks have theorized that a grand conjunction is what the 3 wise men took to be the sign of the messiah.  Seeing how this upcoming and rare conjunction is going to occur so close to the 'traditional' birth of Christ, it really has to make you wonder.  Maybe all those preppers are right

I was also going to say that's a great way to put it.  Great minds, etc.

Interesting about the conjunction, I'll have to see if the local observatory has any events

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 05:56:45 EDT »

The leagues that are continuing the social justice sermon from the announcers booths are seeing ratings drop like rocks.  And those that aren't, golf and MLB to name a couple, are doing fine ratings wise.  And it is about ratings and TV generated revenues. 

I had no problem with it being talked about when the leagues started returning from the Covid breaks, but to continue to beat that drum night after night is not working for them.  The one thing the Covid interruption did was prove to people that they don't have to have professional sports to survive.  There are other options for time and entertainment. 

Hi Herb. Good to hear from you on here again. How you been and what you been doing?

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 05:58:39 EDT »

I go to espn online to see the scores and I see herbstreit trying to get me to own part of these softy lefties guilt trip. Active systemic racism is debunked by the millions of people of color who have pulled the hair out of the neither region and made something of themself in this country. Morgan Freeman... the way to get over racism is to stop freakin talking about it. I want my sports withiout people trying to stick a sharp stick in my eye for something someone else did to someone else not the ones nagging us to hell and back,.
The sad part is folks are making Kaepernick a hero now, saying he was right all along. Well, not in my book.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 06:17:26 EDT »

Kaepernich nominated for the NFL Hall of Fame...... When he's never done $hit

https://meaww.com/colin-kaepernick-nominated-nfl-hall-of-fame-columnist-slammed-supporting-it-slap-in-the-face
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 01:17:28 EDT »

The sad part is folks are making Kaepernick a hero now, saying he was right all along. Well, not in my book.

I've never seen a more glaring instance of moving the goalposts in my life. How is it they didn't know they were going to piss off a country full of veterans?
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 05:15:26 EDT »

Just living the dream.  Retired now because of my glaucoma issues. 

Good cigars, better rye whiskey, my Weber Kettle Grill using only Kingsford Original Blue and White Bag Charcoal Briquettes ignited with a charcoal chimney using only newspaper as a fire source, my 30 year old Brinkman smoker, and enjoying my 5 - soon to be 6 - Grandkids keep me fueled these days. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 05:36:39 EDT »

enjoying my 5 - soon to be 6 - Grandkids keep me fueled these days. 
The average "spoilage" factor is going down there grandpa!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 05:38:16 EDT »

Negatory. 

I've got plenty of spoilage ability for all of them.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 06:16:51 EDT »

Just living the dream.  Retired now because of my glaucoma issues. 

Good cigars, better rye whiskey, my Weber Kettle Grill using only Kingsford Original Blue and White Bag Charcoal Briquettes ignited with a charcoal chimney using only newspaper as a fire source, my 30 year old Brinkman smoker, and enjoying my 5 - soon to be 6 - Grandkids keep me fueled these days. 
Sounds great. Hope the glaucoma takes it sweet time in affecting you. Take care.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: