VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 12:22:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think UGAs thrashing of Auburn was just perfect for us.  (Read 4905 times)
10EC
« on: October 05, 2020, 02:19:36 EDT »

In a game of emotion, this is a perfect setup game. 
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 03:28:15 EDT »

My daughter and I were discussing the same thing yesterday. Hopefully their spent as AU is one of the biggest rivalries and we are just po little TN.                            
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 05:25:30 EDT »

My daughter and I were discussing the same thing yesterday. Hopefully their spent as AU is one of the biggest rivalries and we are just po little TN.                            

Great point.  Let's hope they also think we are the "same ole Tennessee".   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 04:31:17 EDT »

Why wouldn't they think "the same old Tennessee". We beat Carolina and Missouri. They are not UGa. UGa's defense killed Auburn and Bo Nix. We will see how good our OL really is in this game. If we can get any kind of running game going then we can stay with them. This is a big game for our team. Let's see what they got.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 05:28:35 EDT »

Why wouldn't they think "the same old Tennessee". We beat Carolina and Missouri. They are not UGa. UGa's defense killed Auburn and Bo Nix. We will see how good our OL really is in this game. If we can get any kind of running game going then we can stay with them. This is a big game for our team. Let's see what they got.
Maybe, unlike you, they have studied the film an KNOW it's not your tired old trolling of "same old UT" but the REAL thing
Hell, as someone who annoys the wife by constant review of games I KNOW we are better!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 06:16:07 EDT »

Did they not meet your self imposed standard against Missouri last week?
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 07:26:57 EDT »

You do realize we beat Missouri by a larger margin than Alabama did don't you? We're getting better whether or not you like it...Pruitt knows what he's doing.                  
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 08:29:28 EDT »

They have definitely improved. I'm just saying we can't tell exactly how much by the first two games. I don't have them penciled in for the playoffs like it sounds like a lot of you do. UGa will be a tough test. But at least we will know how much we've improved. They improved a lot, like the Vols did,  from game one to game two. So did Bama. So we we shall see. UGa plays Bama soon too.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 11:45:46 EDT »

They have definitely improved. I'm just saying we can't tell exactly how much by the first two games. I don't have them penciled in for the playoffs like it sounds like a lot of you do. UGa will be a tough test. But at least we will know how much we've improved. They improved a lot, like the Vols did,  from game one to game two. So did Bama. So we we shall see. UGa plays Bama soon too.

No one has us penciled in for the playoffs.  We are not there yet, but we are MUCH closer than last year, which you seem completely clueless about.

You seem to only see two types of teams...go 12-0 or 11-1 and make the playoffs or "you suck you're terrible".  As if every other team is just thrown into a "bin of losers".  That's one way to look at it, if you so choose, but it isn't very intelligent or reasonable.  Actually I don't see how you could ever be happy as a fan if your attitude is that unless we win it all you don't care. It's like the attitude a ten year old would have, honestly.  But to each their own...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 12:02:08 EDT »

No one has us penciled in for the playoffs.  We are not there yet, but we are MUCH closer than last year, which you seem completely clueless about.

You seem to only see two types of teams...go 12-0 or 11-1 and make the playoffs or "you suck you're terrible".  As if every other team is just thrown into a "bin of losers".  That's one way to look at it, if you so choose, but it isn't very intelligent or reasonable.  Actually I don't see how you could ever be happy as a fan if your attitude is that unless we win it all you don't care. It's like the attitude a ten year old would have, honestly.  But to each their own...

Lol 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 12:39:37 EDT »

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 06:26:58 EDT »

Well if you are fine with the Music City Bowl or Outback that's okay too. I just would like to see them win the SECe again. That would mean they've had a good season if you ask me.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 06:29:22 EDT »

Well if you are fine with the Music City Bowl or Outback that's okay too. I just would like to see them win the SECe again. That would mean they've had a good season if you ask me.
Why do you bother?
It is CLEAR that you are at least a close cousin of bamaperry and your life has been miserable since September 1999

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 02:13:06 EDT »

Why do you bother?
It is CLEAR that you are at least a close cousin of bamaperry and your life has been miserable since September 1999

I keep saying, he's bamaperry.......

11B4PJ3F7
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2020, 07:25:39 EDT »

I keep saying, he's bamaperry.......
That's not nice. I'm not even close to BamaPerry. I just tell the truths no one wants to hear. I would never route against the Vols. What have I said that is not a reality? Yet others post the same sorta things and you say nothing. I stand by all my posts.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2020, 07:28:54 EDT »

That's not nice. I'm not even close to BamaPerry. I just tell the STUPIDITY no one wants to hear. I would never (paper) route against the Vols. What have I said that is a reality? Yet others post the different things and you say nothing. I stand by all my STUPIDITY.
FIFY

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 01:49:23 EDT »

FIFY
Who looks stupid now? I told you that UGa'a Dline was not the same as Carolina's or Mizzou's. Of course our Oline looked good against Mizzou's and Carolina's yet how many said after the first two games our Oline was awesome. All i said was wait until they play a good team and y'all flipped shizzle. Well the way or Oline played was truly just offensive. Hopefully they improve.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 02:27:51 EDT »

Who looks stupid now? I told you that UGa'a Dline was not the same as Carolina's or Mizzou's. Of course our Oline looked good against Mizzou's and Carolina's yet how many said after the first two games our Oline was awesome. All i said was wait until they play a good team and y'all flipped shizzle. Well the way or Oline played was truly just offensive. Hopefully they improve.

LMAO at you bamaperry

How does it feel to ....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 03:16:10 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 03:18:45 EDT »

And we have all criticized the performance. The difference is with your passive-aggressive approach. You are a troll.
Creek Walker
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 05:34:17 EDT »

And we have all criticized the performance. The difference is with your passive-aggressive approach. You are a troll.

Tbh even as dead as this place can be and in need of conversation, he makes the board almost unbearable.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 06:52:16 EDT »

No, what started all this was you calling this the "same ole Tennessee", whichi is still ludicrous.  Neither Dooley nor Jones could even beat USC or Mizzou on a regular basis, Pruitt has a 2 game win streak on both.  Heck, Jones at least had two winning SEC seasons, Dooley had none.  Pruitt had one in his second year, one year ahead of Jones, and likely will get two in a row this year.  That is substantial progress.

So your point is reduced to saying that we lost to hands down the best defense in the SEC, almost certainly in the country (maybe Clemson is better but I doubt it), on the home field of what looks to be the odds on favorite to win the SEC.

No!  We are not at that level yet.  Congratulations!  Did you figure that out yourself or did the orderly wiping the drool off your mouth tell you?  You are so smart!  Georgia is a really good team, and Tennessee is not yet on their level.  Brilliant!  We would never have figured that out without you, so thanks.

What kills me is that you seem to think we SHOULD be.  Which is insane.  I'm happy that we are a lot closer than we were.  Not happy at all with the Georgia game, but I think they will be dominant against most teams they play. I think they should beat bammer, even in Tuscaloosa, but Kirby seems to always find a way to screw up the bammer game and probably will again.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2020, 07:31:01 EDT »

No, what started all this was you calling this the "same ole Tennessee", whichi is still ludicrous.  Neither Dooley nor Jones could even beat USC or Mizzou on a regular basis, Pruitt has a 2 game win streak on both.  Heck, Jones at least had two winning SEC seasons, Dooley had none.  Pruitt had one in his second year, one year ahead of Jones, and likely will get two in a row this year.  That is substantial progress.

So your point is reduced to saying that we lost to hands down the best defense in the SEC, almost certainly in the country (maybe Clemson is better but I doubt it), on the home field of what looks to be the odds on favorite to win the SEC.

No!  We are not at that level yet.  Congratulations!  Did you figure that out yourself or did the orderly wiping the drool off your mouth tell you?  You are so smart!  Georgia is a really good team, and Tennessee is not yet on their level.  Brilliant!  We would never have figured that out without you, so thanks.

What kills me is that you seem to think we SHOULD be.  Which is insane.  I'm happy that we are a lot closer than we were.  Not happy at all with the Georgia game, but I think they will be dominant against most teams they play. I think they should beat bammer, even in Tuscaloosa, but Kirby seems to always find a way to screw up the bammer game and probably will again.
Same old same old. They play good against average teams and you say the OL is awesome. Then they play a good team and you see how the OL looked. They will hopefully improve enough to beat a team they are underdog against. This year is a mulligan because who knows what will happen? I never said we should be playoff contenders. You and others just take the first two games and say the OL is awesome, which obviously they are not. I'm saying they should do well/better because no one else has UGa's defense.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 07:26:15 EDT »

Same old same old. They play good against average teams and you say the OL is awesome. Then they play a good team and you see how the OL looked. They will hopefully improve enough to beat a team they are underdog against. This year is a mulligan because who knows what will happen? I never said we should be playoff contenders. You and others just take the first two games and say the OL is awesome, which obviously they are not. I'm saying they should do well/better because no one else has UGa's defense.

"play good against average teams".  You mean like the 3-year losing streak to fizzleing  Vandy?  The losses at home to Gerogia State and BYU last season?  Losing 6 times in a row to WILL MUSCHAMP???

Seriously dude.  Does someone tie your shoes for you?  Can you not see a contrast between this season and what I type above?  I think you are clincally insange.  Get help!

As for the OL, it did better than Auburns so yeah I would still say it's one of the better OLs in the SEC.  Ugas DL is just that good I thik.  Hopefully the OL will learn though, as they definitly could have played better.  Let's see how they do against Kentucky

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2020, 04:37:13 EDT »

"play good against average teams".  You mean like the 3-year losing streak to fizzleing  Vandy?  The losses at home to Gerogia State and BYU last season?  Losing 6 times in a row to WILL MUSCHAMP???

Seriously dude.  Does someone tie your shoes for you?  Can you not see a contrast between this season and what I type above?  I think you are clincally insange.  Get help!

As for the OL, it did better than Auburns so yeah I would still say it's one of the better OLs in the SEC.  Ugas DL is just that good I thik.  Hopefully the OL will learn though, as they definitly could have played better.  Let's see how they do against Kentucky
All I have ever said is Pruitt has beat the teams he should. What is his signature win? But I laugh when you praise how well they do against these bad teams. Will they beat UK today? Is that not a should win game? If they look good against them most of you will say " awe man bring on Bama". Then JG will do his usual not ready for primetime performance and get us beat by Bama. When will we break the cycle to losing to Bama? It just takes one game. Of course most of Bama's opponents could say the same thing. Maybe Covid19 will finally give us a chance to beat them. Maybe someone can figure out how to coach up a QB between now and then.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2020, 05:07:12 EDT »

Only 2-3 years ago Vandy had our number.

It's pretty simple, the step were taking now is getting back to beating the teams we should always beat.

Next step is to start seriously challenging the big boys consistently.

You don't go from losing to Vandy consistently to feeling like you "should" beat UGA, Bama, and UF overnight.  It's just that simple.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: