VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 04:23:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The OL was underwhelming, JG was JG, D. JOHNSON made a really stupid  (Read 1673 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: October 11, 2020, 01:40:07 EDT »

play. Some dumb penalties.  Obviously, we still aren't there. I'll be happy with 6-4, but still think 7-3 is doable. My two cents. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 01:49:01 EDT »

I'm on the 7-3 wagon, but we will see.

No excuses for JG in this one. He had a patented second half meltdown and is the biggest reason for the loss.

I just can't understand how he could play so well in the first half and so poorly in the second.  The guy is a cipher for sure.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 02:43:30 EDT »

Can't put it all on JG....OL flat sucked in run and pass blocking.....We rushed for MINUS 1 yard for the game....We never never compete with the big boys if we can't run the football. I was not a fan of Chaney the first time he was here and I'm not a fan of his now. It took 1 quarter to figure out we were not going to run between the tackles but we continued to do it all game....Zero imagination in our run game. And we need to get our RBs more involved in the pass and screen game. Our offense is throw the 40 yard pass and hope a WR makes a play.

The TVA was pure bullshizzle today. The OL coach should be fired for that product today....Be Friend and Pruitt are big buddies so that won't happen. 4 5 stars and 1 4 star sixth year player and minus 1 rushing is firable in my book.

Right now we aren't close to prime time football.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 02:58:46 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 02:54:43 EDT »

Can't put it all on JG....OL flat sucked in run and pass blocking.....We rushed for MINUS 1 yard for the game....We never never compete with the big boys if we can't run the football. I was not a fan of Chaney the first time he was here and I'm not a fan of his now. It took 1 quarter to figure out we were not going to run between the tackles but we continued to do it all game....Zero imagination in our run game. And we need to get our RBs more involved in the pass and screen game. Our offense is throw the 40 yard pass and hope a WR makes a play.

The TVA was pure bullshizzle today. The OL coach should be fired for that product today....Be Friend and Pruitt are big buddies so that won't happen. 4 5 stars and 1 4 star sixth year player and minus 1 rushing is firable in my book.

Indeed. Run game was abysmal and unimaginative. Then again it was close through 3.5 quarters, and the wheels came off. Idk.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 02:59:54 EDT »

A&M had a pretty nifty rushing attack today. I kinda thought the UT OL was being over hyped. On to the next one. We knew we weren't going undefeated. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 08:05:03 EDT »

Right now we aren't close to prime time football.

Definitely not all on JG, but the int was all him, and at least 2 of the 3 fumbles.  He held on to the ball too long yet again.  But agree it's a team effort and that play calling was unimaginiative.

But what is TVA????

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 01:38:40 EDT »

Definitely not all on JG, but the int was all him, and at least 2 of the 3 fumbles.  He held on to the ball too long yet again.  But agree it's a team effort and that play calling was unimaginiative.

But what is TVA????

Some have called and even the media has called our 5 star studded OL as the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority). Yesterday the TVA looked like they blew several transformers.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 02:35:14 EDT »

Some have called and even the media has called our 5 star studded OL as the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority). Yesterday the TVA looked like they blew several transformers.

Ah okay

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 04:25:54 EDT »

That was the Johnstown Flood on Saturday...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: