VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 07:00:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New qb?  (Read 2229 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2020, 06:16:39 EDT »

Supposedly, Jeremy Pruitt says Harrison Bailey took all 49 of the quarterback snaps in Sunday's scrimmage.

Kinda surprising..

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 06:38:41 EDT »

No

That was a scrimmage for young players/scout team to make up for lost time in preseason camp.

Also today from Pruitt: "Jarrett's our quarterback. He gives us the best opportunity to have success."

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 06:43:25 EDT »

That’s too bad.  I think I am DONE watching JG play football.  It’s got to the point of the Charlie Brown and Lucy and the kicking the football thing.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 07:00:26 EDT »

No

That was a scrimmage for young players/scout team to make up for lost time in preseason camp.

Also today from Pruitt: "Jarrett's our quarterback. He gives us the best opportunity to have success."

Oh... Nothing to see here then I guess.

JG is gonna be our QB forever.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 09:47:40 EDT »

Oh... Nothing to see here then I guess.

JG is gonna be our QB forever.

That kind of reminds me of the novel "1984", where the main character at the end says, "I love JG".  Or maybe he says something else - it's been a while since I read it.   

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 09:52:52 EDT »

That kind of reminds me of the novel "1984", where the main character at the end says, "I love JG".  Or maybe he says something else - it's been a while since I read it.   
What it tells me is that our recruiting and development of QBs SUCKS
IMO an indictment of Weinke

I'd love to be proven wrong but the evidence to date ...

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 10:34:47 EDT »

You ever try to throw away a trashcan? You can put a old...wore out...tattered...beat up...split...holes all in it trashcan down at the curb and the trash folks WILL NOT take it...The next week for trash pickup you can put a sign on it that reads 'PLEASE TAKE THIS'...they will take the sign and leave the trashcan.

That's JG in a nutshell.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 10:43:21 EDT »

What it tells me is that our recruiting and development of QBs SUCKS
IMO an indictment of Weinke

I'd love to be proven wrong but the evidence to date ...

I think you are right on.  We seem to have had some talent, but we are not realizing the potential for various reasons - not having an O-line and not having a QB coaching guru being among the shortfalls.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 11:26:12 EDT »

I'm wondering if there is some issues in the QB room....Last season it looked like Maurer was the clear No.2 QB and even started a couple of games...IMO, he had energy...the team showed more energy...we moved the ball well. Problem was Maurer kept getting concussed and was out several weeks...IMO he would have gotten more playing time if not for repeated concussions.....It was clear Pruitt didn't have much faith in Shrout....When he was in there at QB the first time he threw into coverage Pruitt yanked him and not seen again.

It was stated in camp Shrout was the clear No.2 QB....Why? We all know Bailey didn't have a Spring and missed 2 whole weeks of camp due to covid isolation so it's understandable he's not ready...yet.

Maurer came out this Summer and said he's been battling depression issues for a good while and even said he thought of suicide back in Jan...Is there something there that limits him from playing? Is that why Shrout was said to be No.2? Is JG all we got right now unless injured? Just thinking out loud.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 11:50:30 EDT »

I'm wondering if there is some issues in the QB room....Last season it looked like Maurer was the clear No.2 QB and even started a couple of games...IMO, he had energy...the team showed more energy...we moved the ball well. Problem was Maurer kept getting concussed and was out several weeks...IMO he would have gotten more playing time if not for repeated concussions.....It was clear Pruitt didn't have much faith in Shrout....When he was in there at QB the first time he threw into coverage Pruitt yanked him and not seen again.

It was stated in camp Shrout was the clear No.2 QB....Why? We all know Bailey didn't have a Spring and missed 2 whole weeks of camp due to covid isolation so it's understandable he's not ready...yet.

Maurer came out this Summer and said he's been battling depression issues for a good while and even said he thought of suicide back in Jan...Is there something there that limits him from playing? Is that why Shrout was said to be No.2? Is JG all we got right now unless injured? Just thinking out loud.
Maurer was injured for much of fall practice
I suspect the main reason that JT was #2

Also, Maurer had an annoying tendency to throw the ball recklessly to the opposing team (see the Gator Bowl)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 11:54:26 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 12:10:35 EDT »

Gitmo has a habit for going on 4 seasons of throwing it to the other team....fumbling it when he gets hit too.

I no longer blame JG...I blame the coaches that keep trotting his ass out there and not having other QB's who can play the game.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:13:15 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 01:51:37 EDT »

If this season doesn't count against eligibility then does that mean JG will be/could be back next year? If it does that is crazy karma.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 03:19:59 EDT »

If this season doesn't count against eligibility then does that mean JG will be/could be back next year? If it does that is crazy karma.

I would say all will politely move on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: