VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 11:29:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, if you had to make the call......  (Read 3979 times)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2020, 05:10:09 EDT »

Disagree in part my friend

As I noted yesterday Bailey just isn't ready (a combination of a lot of factors, the freaking virus and his contact quarantine being the primary reason, cost him spring practice and significant time in fall practice).   That was very evident in his series in garbage time yesterday.  I did like that they started that series with a lot of 1st team personnel to give him a feel of the speed

For bamer I would play Shrout and/or Mauer (don't really care which but if healthy I lean to Mauer if his colour blindness has improved)

Sunday after the bamer game run another scrimmage like they did last Sunday
Then give Bailey ALL the 1st team reps through the open date and the following week.  Then start him the rest of the year.

Oh, and I posted yesterday that I'm on board with firing Wienke (IMMEDIATELY), for the reason you cite.
We have 2 coaches on staff that can coach QBs the rest of the year, and know, despite how he might believe he is, one of them is NOT Pruitt!

And he's not going to get better against our scout team.  He's just not. 

The only way to get him "ready" is to see game day speed.  And it really doesn't matter which SEC team he sees it against.  Just got to put him in a position that he's not asked to win a game on his own, again, no matter who the opponent is or isn't. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2020, 10:25:19 EDT »

Where we disagree - starting (bad) JG
Give the Sophs a chance - JP has PROVEN he is NOT the answer
Hell, even Brent Hubbs agrees with that

Very reasonable, and I almost posted that was Plan B.  Could also go that route, but then maybe Shrout or Mauer plays just well enough you can't pull him out, and Bailey doesn't get a shot.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: