VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:50:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Bama and UGA get fined this week?  (Read 1867 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2020, 03:29:36 EDT »

Saban and Kirby have both been shown in an official's face without their mask.  Does this warrant a $100K fine?   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 03:53:12 EDT »

No...they will suspend Pruitt. And the way I feel right now I wouldn't care in the least.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 04:24:12 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 04:42:33 EDT »

Saban and Kirby have both been shown in an official's face without their mask.  Does this warrant a $100K fine?   

Hope so

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 06:02:38 EDT »

I saw multiple coaches without masks on during today's games. Does it really hurt the coaches to fine them? Seems a lot of SEC schools will be fined for failing to follow prescribed protocols during the weeks practices. You know all of them would never report falsely to protect a star player.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 10:19:44 EDT »

I saw multiple coaches without masks on during today's games. Does it really hurt the coaches to fine them? Seems a lot of SEC schools will be fined for failing to follow prescribed protocols during the weeks practices. You know all of them would never report falsely to protect a star player.

I don't know if Jeff was serious about the 100K or not, but if so, then "Yes Virginia, it will hurt them".   

What does Pruitt make, $2-3 million a year?  So if he gets fined even once, that's about 4% of his PRETAX income (assuming his salary is 2.5M).  If you are capable of basic math (I have my doubts!), would you want to give up that much of your salary just to not wear a mask? 

Let's make it really easy with some nice round numbers.  A person making 100K a year, if they were fined 4% of their pretax income, would lose $4000. 

I can guarantee you that Pruitt only takes home about 60% of that salary after taxes, so that's actually a take home pay of $1.5 M a year (assuming I got his salary right, I am too lazy to look it up, this is just an example).  Thus 100K fine from a $1.5M salary is a HUGE impact.  That's like losing almost 4 paychecks a year!  Can you imagine him explaining that to Mrs. Pruitt?  "But honey, I didn't feel like wearing the mask!" 

How can you even ask if 100K fine would hurt a coach?  That's not chump change even to them.  Good godawmighty! 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 06:05:11 EDT »

As I understand it, the school is fined - not the coach.  As I read the report, $100K will be withheld from UT's SEC money pool because of the fine.  That fine will increase with each infraction.

Whether is hurts the coaches is not my point, really.  My point is that Kirby and Saban both got in the face of an official, on national TV, with their masks down.  If you are going to fine coaches for that, fine!  So long as the rule is enforced equitably (we all know how equitable the SEC office is when it concerns the cash cows).
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 06:10:53 EDT »

I don't know if Jeff was serious about the 100K or not, but if so, then "Yes Virginia, it will hurt them".  

What does Pruitt make, $2-3 million a year?  So if he gets fined even once, that's about 4% of his PRETAX income (assuming his salary is 2.5M).  If you are capable of basic math (I have my doubts!), would you want to give up that much of your salary just to not wear a mask?  

Let's make it really easy with some nice round numbers.  A person making 100K a year, if they were fined 4% of their pretax income, would lose $4000.  

I can guarantee you that Pruitt only takes home about 60% of that salary after taxes, so that's actually a take home pay of $1.5 M a year (assuming I got his salary right, I am too lazy to look it up, this is just an example).  Thus 100K fine from a $1.5M salary is a HUGE impact.  That's like losing almost 4 paychecks a year!  Can you imagine him explaining that to Mrs. Pruitt?  "But honey, I didn't feel like wearing the mask!"  

How can you even ask if 100K fine would hurt a coach?  That's not chump change even to them.  Good godawmighty!  
Does the school pay it or does the coach? I think the school does. Let me know when you find the answer.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 06:37:45 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 06:26:03 EDT »

The fine is withheld from the SEC office when they divide the money going to the 14 SEC schools.

Since Friday UT has spent $925,000.....$100,000 fine and $825,000 on the buyout firing the DL coach. He will get another job so it probably won't be the total 825.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 10:17:02 EDT »

Does the school pay it or does the coach? I think the school does. Let me know when you find the answer.

I realized it was likley the school got fined.

But YOU didn't word it that way.  You literally asked "does it really hurt the coaches to fine them".  And yes, it does.  Or it would.  I was just answering your completely dumbass question.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: