VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 07:43:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pruitt said they did have a mini srimage last night  (Read 1853 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2020, 06:57:42 EDT »

Bailey and Mauer split reps in it

Also said that Bailey didn't know the game plan when he went in Saturday.  Called plays for him

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 07:43:27 EDT »

My question, in that case, would be why the hell not? 

And if true, why in the hell is Chris Weinke still employed at UT? 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 09:05:42 EDT »

100% on the staff if Bailey didn't know the game plan.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 09:07:37 EDT »

100% on the staff if Bailey didn't know the game plan.
Might have known it but for sure hadn't repped it

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 09:26:39 EDT »

My question, in that case, would be why the hell not? 

And if true, why in the hell is Chris Weinke still employed at UT? 

You really have to wonder WTF is going on in practice.  I really wanted this hire to be our guy.  The horrible start last year certainly placed some doubt there, but it did seem like we moved past that and learned from it and improved.  Now we have regressed even worse.  I'm sorry, you can't use the COVID excuse - EVERY OTHER PROGRAM has to deal with the same situation.  We just are not capable of doing so, apparently.  This season looks to be a disaster - and I agree with y'all - it seems almost 100% rooted in how we prepare/practice.  This just fizzleing sux ass.  Why can't we get a fizzleing halfway competent coaching staff for just fizzleing once?????   fizzleing fizzle, fizzle fizzle.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 10:54:02 EDT »

You really have to wonder WTF is going on in practice.  I really wanted this hire to be our guy.  The horrible start last year certainly placed some doubt there, but it did seem like we moved past that and learned from it and improved.  Now we have regressed even worse.  I'm sorry, you can't use the COVID excuse - EVERY OTHER PROGRAM has to deal with the same situation.  We just are not capable of doing so, apparently.  This season looks to be a disaster - and I agree with y'all - it seems almost 100% rooted in how we prepare/practice.  This just fizzleing sux ass.  Why can't we get a fizzleing halfway competent coaching staff for just fizzleing once?????   fizzleing fizzle, fizzle fizzle.

I agree with all your fizzle's.....Glad I didn't post soon after that cluster of a game because I would not have used fizzle.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 10:09:12 EDT »

Well first of all, this does "fizzleing sux ass". No doubt.  With you on that one!   

I don't want to put too fine a point on this, but IMO losing to Georgia State was worse.  Georgia State is not an SEC team.  And then turning right around and losing to BYU made it even worse.  Let's see how they recover from this (errrr, week after next maybe? lol)

And as for COVID, my opinion of Orgeron (that he likely is Gene Chizak 2.0) has been expressed repeatedly below, but HOW IN THE HELL, did the defending NC, regardless of how many players they lost, allow MISSOURI to score 45 points?  (A team we held to 13!).

I would submit that allowing 45 points to a suck-ass Mizzou team that seemingly was fighting Vandy for the SEC East basement is still worse than losing to Kentucky, a team picked by some to finish 3rd in the east, but generally no lower than 4th, is not as bad.

However I do fully acknowledge that's like saying our shizzle sandwich had a little more salt on it.  Please don't take what I am saying as in any way a justification for what happened Saturday, but I am saying that, my opinion of Orgeron aside, I think the pandemic is affecting some games.  Still not an excuse for the cluster fizzle against Kentucky!  Just saying that I think we are going to see more than our share of off-nominal losses and upsets this season, and have already.

Here is also what I think about the Kentucky game.  If we recover the way we did last season, all will be (mostly) well in Vol Land come November, particularly (don't laugh, it could happen!) we beat Florida.  Not saying that will happen, but I am saying we can hope this is a one-off (or a 1.5 off if you want to include the second half of uga).

But if so, is this one last "lesson learned" for Pruitt, or do we begin to expect an annual "brain fart" game or two every year. Play like shizzle in a couple games early in the year, rebound and salvage what you can and start to feel good again?  I don't think anyone is going to tolerate that for very long.  We need some consistency and soon.  Pruitt is now in his third year and the majority, even if a slight majority, of players are now his recruits. He isn't getting as much of a pass this year, that's for sure. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 12:23:58 EDT »

We just lost to KY and already you talking about us beating UF.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 07:24:13 EDT »

We just lost to KY and already you talking about us beating UF.

Why not?  Better than constantly beating the team down and just generally being an #badword#.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 03:51:26 EDT »

But hey - we fired the only position coach of a unit overperforming it's talent level. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 04:30:41 EDT »

Why not?  Better than constantly beating the team down and just generally being an #badword#.
Why not beat Bama too.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 10:09:10 EDT »

Why not beat Bama too.

Why not? (A) that would certainly make up for the Kentucky game, and (B) it would be great.

Are you seriously putting a Florida team that lost to Tamu and has had major issues with COVID recently in the same class as bammer?  Florida may not even beat uga, let alone challenge bammer.  And yes by the end of the season, in Neyland, we definitely could beat Florida IMO.  Get an upgrade at QB, teams starts playing better, who knows, too early to see.

It could easily go the other way, where the team just quits playing every game and we have a losing season.  Now THAT would make you real warm and fuzzy inside, wouldn't it?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: