VTTW Board Index
April 17, 2024, 01:47:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Mizzou beats KY 20-10  (Read 2398 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2020, 02:04:04 EDT »

and KY has a total of 155 yards of offense the entire game.

Bash me if you wish.....We are a bad football team and I can't say where we are well coached in any area. Our defense is bad....can't tackle...can't cover...no pressure...Our offense has scored a total of 24 points in the last 10 quarters.

We aren't closing the gap against the big boys and that's not good in year 3.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 02:06:29 EDT »

and KY has a total of 155 yards of offense the entire game.

Bash me if you wish.....We are a bad football team and I can't say where we are well coached in any area. Our defense is bad....can't tackle...can't cover...no pressure...Our offense has scored a total of 24 points in the last 10 quarters.

We aren't closing the gap against the big boys and that's not good in year 3.

There is no way to put lipstick on the Kentucky game pig. It is what it is.  We made some turnover, then folded.  Without the stupid turnovers I think we pull out a close one, but that's cant excuse the second half train wreck.

Danielson today stated "next they go to Arkansas" and I was thinking that was in Neyland for some reason.  It's not.   

I only feel optimistic about Vandy and appreciate that Auburn is also struggling, but it could end up being an ugly 5 games.  At least they have a week to regroup.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 02:09:54 EDT »

If its close against Auburn, better count on the Tigers getting some help from the SEC officials.  Twice they have gotten W's on obvious mistakes.

How could anyone watch that replay today and not see that the player touched that football on the kickoff?  In days past, you'd say "Well, that was tough to see."  In today's game, with replay, there can be no doubt.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 02:16:31 EDT »

I was really hoping that CJP was the guy - I still hold on to that hope. 

After five games of this screwed up season, however, I'm having doubts.  Not only has this staff failed to develop any decent QB play but the defense is terrible - and that is Pruitt's expertise.  We should at least be better defensively and I just don't see it.

In game decisions are also suspect, I think, but I'm no football coach.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 02:26:05 EDT »

I'm not ready to say Pruitt ain't it, either.  But I'm at the point where... What's he shown us that indicates he's any better than Butch? 

He's supposed to be brilliant defensively but look at this:

Losses by 21+ points in their first 30 games as Tennessee’s head coach:

Jeremy Pruitt  12
Butch Jones     6
Derek Dooley   6
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 02:31:35 EDT »

In the last 10 quarters we have scored 3 offensive TD's.....Opposing defenses have scored 4 TDs
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 10:08:43 EDT »

Why do our our 5* players looking nothing like other teams 5* players? One word: Coaching.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 10:30:53 EDT »

I'm not ready to say Pruitt ain't it, either.  But I'm at the point where... What's he shown us that indicates he's any better than Butch? 

He's supposed to be brilliant defensively but look at this:

Losses by 21+ points in their first 30 games as Tennessee’s head coach:

Jeremy Pruitt  12
Butch Jones     6
Derek Dooley   6

Oh come on Vinnie! We're closing the gap on Alabama! Didn't you listen to JP's postgame comments? 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 12:11:21 EDT »

Oh come on Vinnie! We're closing the gap on Alabama! Didn't you listen to JP's postgame comments? 

I'm surprised at the level of doubt I have in Pruitt right now.  I was so hopeful after last year.  But I'm seeing red there are so many red flags.

Feels like Butch and Dooley all over again.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 01:30:01 EDT »

I'm surprised at the level of doubt I have in Pruitt right now.  I was so hopeful after last year.  But I'm seeing red there are so many red flags.

We have regressed and I can't point to one position that's being coached well.
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 03:12:00 EDT »

This is not where I wanted to be in the middle of year three. I have wanted Pruitt to be the guy because I'm tired of coaching changes, tired of botched coaching searches, tired of watching this program wallow in mediocrity. I guess we know how the Children of Israel felt. Forty years is a long time...maybe it's gonna take that long before we find our way back. Right now I have 0 confidence in our coaching staff, I'm tired, and frankly I really don't care a great deal any more.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 03:46:14 EDT »

This is not where I wanted to be in the middle of year three. I have wanted Pruitt to be the guy because I'm tired of coaching changes, tired of botched coaching searches, tired of watching this program wallow in mediocrity. I guess we know how the Children of Israel felt. Forty years is a long time...maybe it's gonna take that long before we find our way back. Right now I have 0 confidence in our coaching staff, I'm tired, and frankly I really don't care a great deal any more.

You care.....Your are just numb.

I care....but with about 1 minute left in the game I turned it over to other games the rest of the night and watched well coached and well game planned teams play. Watching us right now is like watching those LOW END teams of the Big 10 in the mid 1970's.
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 04:06:39 EDT »

You care.....Your are just numb.

I care....but with about 1 minute left in the game I turned it over to other games the rest of the night and watched well coached and well game planned teams play. Watching us right now is like watching those LOW END teams of the Big 10 in the mid 1970's.

I turned it off at the start of the fourth quarter. There was a time when I would hang on for every painful minute. I've turned off the last 3 well before they ended. Even at the Mizzou game, when there was no reason to think the wheels were going to start wobbling on this thing the way they have, I sat in ZZ15 with my feet draped over the railing, relaxed like I was at a minor league baseball game. There was a time when I would've been on the edge of my seat for every play. Obviously, yes, I do care to some degree...but it sure is a lot less than I used to. Someone asked me after the UGA game if I was ready to fire Pruitt, and I said "Of course not." If that question was asked of me now, I'd say fire him or keep him ... I couldn't much care less. I'm not gonna advocate for his firing at this point, but I don't exactly see him leading us back to SECE supremacy, either.

But, yeah. I care. If I didn't care, I wouldn't get pissed off when I hear him say things like we're closing the gap on Alabama. That just reeks of Butch Jones tone-deafness.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 06:15:42 EDT »

But, yeah. I care. If I didn't care, I wouldn't get pissed off when I hear him say things like we're closing the gap on Alabama. That just reeks of Butch Jones tone-deafness.

I would have agreed, until the Kentucky game.  The only thing I can say about that game is that it was mostly on JG, but the second half collapse is impossible to explain away or excuse.

This team obviously has big issues.  Last year Pruitt got turned around, maybe the bye week will help with that.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 09:09:42 EDT »

I hate to beat a dead horse, but these kids 'ain't' dumb.  Not only that, they are 2 feet away from the glaring problem that we can plainly see from hundreds of miles away.

JG IS NEVER GONNA BE "THE GUY" AT THE QB POSITION

They know it, we know it, everybody knows it.  Why would you want to give your all in an effort that you know is doomed from the start with JG at the helm?  He will always find a way to fizzle it up.  He has always done this and he continues to do this and he will do this ad nauseum in the future for ever and ever, amen.  They know it, we know it, everybody knows it.  I don't know why it took me so long to figure this out, but no wonder this team is out there playing like basket cases.  No wonder this staff is out there coaching like basket cases.  They are being lead on the field by a basket case.  JG leads by example and the example is mediocrity, hesitation, doubt, and failure at critical moments.   I'm beginning to wonder if this is why that coach was fired.  Did he suggest to Pruitt to yank JG?  Was that the fireable offense?  I have heard he was actually fired during the KY game, but who knows.   A new QB is not going to solve things overnight by any means.  But it will give this team some hope, which is currently non existent at the moment, apparently.  Without any hope, there is nowhere to go but down.  That is exactly what we are seeing right now.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 03:29:42 EDT »

Every game plan seems to be, hope JG doesn't screw up terriblly and just hope for the best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: