VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 02:36:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sickening  (Read 2235 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2020, 03:58:25 EST »

This was a very winable game.  This team should be 5-2 after this game, or at worst 4-3.

But....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 04:07:52 EST »

Are you serious? I'm glad we dont have to play Mizzu and S.Carolina again. We don't have the coaching or talent yet. Sadly.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 04:18:56 EST »

Are you serious? I'm glad we dont have to play Mizzu and S.Carolina again. We don't have the coaching or talent yet. Sadly.

I mean we have more than enough talent to beat Auburn.  Gray averaged 7.9 yards per carry, which is amazing.

There is something strongly implied in my first post.  Can you figure it out?

And LMAO at your talent comment.  We have a ton of talent, particularly on the OL, but Gray is a really good one and our receivers aren't chopped liver either.

Maybe now you can figure it out.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 04:33:54 EST »

Vandy played Florida kinda tough today. We should beat Vandy next week. Will we? Cudda, shudda, wudda. Coaching and talent go together. Our 5* don't look like the other guys 5*. We have decent talent. Doesn't mean we will beat the less talented teams. It will be quite a feat to compete for an SECe title anytime soon. One good thing is this year is a throw away so our young'uns should get valuable experience.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 04:35:09 EST »

So I am used to you being confused over my posts and, well lots of posts actually.

But as Reagan used to say to Carter in the debates...."there he goes again!"

WTF do USC and Mizzou have to do with anything at this point in the season?

shizzle.  I'm glad we don't have to play Alabama again this year.  I'm glad that we don't have a rematch with Indiana, we were really lucky to beat them in the bowl.  I'm glad we don't have to replay the Mizzou and SC games from last year either.  Hell, while I'm at it, I'm glad we don't have to replay the 1991 Miracle at South Bend game, I mean, we got lucky when the FG attempt by ND ricocheted off of our DL's butt. We probably couldn't count on getting that lucky again.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 04:38:12 EST »

Vandy played Florida kinda tough today. We should beat Vandy next week. Will we? Cudda, shudda, wudda. Coaching and talent go together. Our 5* don't look like the other guys 5*. We have decent talent. Doesn't mean we will beat the less talented teams. It will be quite a feat to compete for an SECe title anytime soon. One good thing is this year is a throw away so our young'uns should get valuable experience.

So you're not going to venture a guess at what was implied in my post?  I think most got it, but here goes.

The point is, we should be 5-2 or 4-3 with a decent QB and decent coaching.  After all the discussion of that over the last several weeks, I shouldn't have to actually say that, but there you go! 

Do you get it NOW?  Please say yes. 

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 04:43:59 EST »

So I am used to you being confused over my posts and, well lots of posts actually.

But as Reagan used to say to Carter in the debates...."there he goes again!"

WTF do USC and Mizzou have to do with anything at this point in the season?

shizzle.  I'm glad we don't have to play Alabama again this year.  I'm glad that we don't have a rematch with Indiana, we were really lucky to beat them in the bowl.  I'm glad we don't have to replay the Mizzou and SC games from last year either.  Hell, while I'm at it, I'm glad we don't have to replay the 1991 Miracle at South Bend game, I mean, we got lucky when the FG attempt by ND ricocheted off of our DL's butt. We probably couldn't count on getting that lucky again.

I was implying I'm not too sure we would beat either of them if we played again.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 04:49:52 EST »

I was implying I'm not too sure we would beat either of them if we played again.

But why?  What's the point?

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 05:03:01 EST »

Implying that SC and Mizzou would likely defeat us now is no more pointless than proposing that this team should be 5-2, or 4-3 at worst.  Just my opinion.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 05:36:35 EST »

Implying that SC and Mizzou would likely defeat us now is no more pointless than proposing that this team should be 5-2, or 4-3 at worst.  Just my opinion.

Well, I happen to think we have enough talent to have a decent team, and if anything the fact that we beat Mizzou and USC proves it.

I actually know why Volsboy posted that, it's really obvious, lol.

you, on the other hand, I'm not really sure what your issue is.

Are you agreeing with Volsboy?

My point is very relevant because this team should be winning and it's not.  And like I said, mizzou and USC just further prove my point.

Did you even have a point?  If so, what is it?

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 05:41:44 EST by BanditVol » Logged

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 02:43:41 EST »

Look, I’m not trying to rattle your chain and I definitely don’t espouse to all the views of volsboy, but I personally think that he’s on target here: this team would likely lose to Mizzou and quite possibly USCe were they to play now. But it’s close to Christmas so ifs and buts, candy and nuts. That said, so is stating 4-3 & 5-2.

I think that probably everyone here thinks this team should be way better than they are. You say it one way, he says it another. I read the board regularly and know a little about the history of some posters, but in this case I don’t see his post as pointless.

I’m afraid that this staff has some real issues. I really wanted CJP to be the guy, but like many others I now have very little hope of that. I hope that I’m wrong, because I believe we are stuck for at least one more year.

I guess my point is that we all have opinions. This is a message board about Vols football. People express their opinions in different ways. The opinions expressed are like belly buttons: we all have one, they are all different, and we all like ours the best.

Addendum:  I played golf yesterday.  I shot 80.  After the round, I commented to one of my playing partners that I could have shot 76 with just a few more made putts.  His response was, "Yeah, but you could have also easily shot 85 if you don't make several of those longer putts you made and if you don't finally find that ball on #13 that was hidden in the thick bermuda".
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 02:52:07 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 04:06:37 EST »

Poot indicated that all is well because we outgained Auburn offensively. 

Guess the scoreboard doesn't count in college football any longer. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 04:15:48 EST »

Look, I’m not trying to rattle your chain and I definitely don’t espouse to all the views of volsboy, but I personally think that he’s on target here: this team would likely lose to Mizzou and quite possibly USCe were they to play now. But it’s close to Christmas so ifs and buts, candy and nuts. That said, so is stating 4-3 & 5-2.

I think that probably everyone here thinks this team should be way better than they are. You say it one way, he says it another. I read the board regularly and know a little about the history of some posters, but in this case I don’t see his post as pointless.

I’m afraid that this staff has some real issues. I really wanted CJP to be the guy, but like many others I now have very little hope of that. I hope that I’m wrong, because I believe we are stuck for at least one more year.

I guess my point is that we all have opinions. This is a message board about Vols football. People express their opinions in different ways. The opinions expressed are like belly buttons: we all have one, they are all different, and we all like ours the best.

Addendum:  I played golf yesterday.  I shot 80.  After the round, I commented to one of my playing partners that I could have shot 76 with just a few more made putts.  His response was, "Yeah, but you could have also easily shot 85 if you don't make several of those longer putts you made and if you don't finally find that ball on #13 that was hidden in the thick bermuda".

The thing you are missing is that volsboy and I had a long discussion below after the Mizzou game about how, due to the 8-game win streak, we were objectively better than we had been at the start of 2018.  Volsboy likely brought up Mizzou and SC for that reason.  Do you get it now?   

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 04:16:27 EST »

To me, he is sounding more and more like Butch.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 04:17:26 EST »

To me, he is sounding more and more like Butch.

Yep.  Sounding like Butch, coaching like Dooley. 

A change is inevitable.  Make it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 04:19:23 EST »

You could be right. I’m not going to try to read anyone’s intent here, though.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 04:21:10 EST »

You could be right. I’m not going to try to read anyone’s intent here, though.

Sadly, there is a lot of truth in that statement IMO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: