VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 09:40:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, for those without a VolQuest membership....  (Read 2113 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2021, 01:42:26 EST »

Last night, a poster with the username govolsgo posted that Pruitt is "wrapped up" in the investigation and will not be coaching here next year.  In his post, he says that the powers that be are pushing for a release with no buy-out.  According to him, the investigation "centers on a tight end from the Las Vegas area" (almost surely Darnell Washington, a 2020 recruit who signed with UGA).  He also thinks that UGA could be in trouble.

Now, in this silly season of rumors, this may just be another wild one but this same poster was the first on VQ to call the Jancek exit in 2015 and was also the first to suggest that we were going to hire Chaney in 2019.

I just thought it was interesting and that I'd bring it to this board.

It is, however, just another rumor.

Addendum:  he also says that Jamey Chadwell could very well end up the next coach at UT.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 04:08:45 EST »

interesting info - thanks for passing that along.  I guess we will see.

Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 04:48:55 EST »

Outstanding. We should expect a bulleted statement from our leading-edge PR department within the University shortly then. At the bare minimum, they should confirm this information to the first dude with a twitter account posing as a journalist.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 07:38:54 EST »

I suspect they will settle for a big reduction in buy out (if true).

Agree with CW that the leak was very harmful and quite likely will inhibit a search for a replacement.

But who knows what will happen.  Stay tuned I guess.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 11:21:00 EST »

I fully expect this to all be proven true for the mere fact that he suggests Jamey Chadwell as Pruitt's replacement. Because a former P5 blue blood hiring a green coach like Jamey Chadwell is exactly Tennessee.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 04:11:04 EST »

Thanks for sharing. As previously stated ad nauseam by me I'd take Art Briles (ONLY if proven to be a Baylor fall gut, Napier, and even Fisher before Chadwell.

Oh well. At least it's not Malzahn or Herman.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 05:19:33 EST »

Think of all the candidates we were drooling over 3 years ago... Chip Kelly, Scott Frost... Even Texas thought they got their guy with Herman.

My only point is... It's a crapshoot. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 03:40:06 EST »

Think of all the candidates we were drooling over 3 years ago... Chip Kelly, Scott Frost... Even Texas thought they got their guy with Herman.

You are absolutely correct!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 04:37:22 EST »

I've posted this before in other threads, but I'm even more convinced after watching last night's NC game: the rich get richer in the current college football playoff scenario.

The five or six "elite" schools, as it pertains to playoff spots, will continue to dominate the recruiting and continue to dominate the playoffs.  The other schools are playing for second tier status.

Parity doesn't exist in the current system.  Alabama has great coaches, but to some degree they are great because of the Jimmy's and Joe's.  At the beginning of the year, Bama's best wide receiver (a Heisman candidate) is injured and misses the season.  Their second best wide receiver wins the Heisman instead.

I think that the only way out for schools that are not in that elite group, at the present time, is to recruit the best players possible and coach them up dramatically.  By doing this, these teams have to hope to get a foot in the "playoff door" and become one of the "hopeful" elite teams.  To do this, you must have coaches who are great strategists, great recruiters (to pick up the best recruits that the top schools don't get) and great teachers.  Good luck with that.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 06:13:39 EST »

Yes.  Shhh, don't tell volsboy though.  A coaching change is all we ever need.  Starting on game two of the new coach's tenure.  If not preseason.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 10:49:39 EST »

Yes.  Shhh, don't tell volsboy though.  A coaching change is all we ever need.  Starting on game two of the new coach's tenure.  If not preseason.
I have never supported firing a coach until he gives good reason. Fulmer, Dooley, Jones and now Pruitt have earned their firings. What reasons do you have to retain Pruitt? He probably will be retained. Firing a coach sets a program back years. That is for certain. But what gives you reason to believe Pruitt ever does more than compete for third place finishes in the SECe?  How many of these "next big thing" coaches ever turn out to be? Just hire the best "proven coach" you can afford. None of these "hot" coaches can just come in and compete from the get-go. Not in the SEC. How many have come in and won anything? It's a lot different winning at Charleston than in the SEC or BIG or ACC. Ask Scott Frost.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:51:06 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 07:31:29 EST »

I have never supported firing a coach until he gives good reason. Fulmer, Dooley, Jones and now Pruitt have earned their firings. What reasons do you have to retain Pruitt? He probably will be retained. Firing a coach sets a program back years. That is for certain. But what gives you reason to believe Pruitt ever does more than compete for third place finishes in the SECe?  How many of these "next big thing" coaches ever turn out to be? Just hire the best "proven coach" you can afford. None of these "hot" coaches can just come in and compete from the get-go. Not in the SEC. How many have come in and won anything? It's a lot different winning at Charleston than in the SEC or BIG or ACC. Ask Scott Frost.

Just saying if we get a new coach.

1. You will instantly post doubts about him
2. You will begin calling for his firing after game 1
3. Okay, 2 might be exaggerated, but definitely in season 1 you will be whining your ass off about him

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 04:29:54 EST »

So, realistically, who is on your coaching hot boards?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: