VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 10:15:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He gone  (Read 2865 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2021, 06:12:13 EST »

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1351212886262222862?s=19

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 06:20:17 EST »

Been some odd things going on the last few weeks...

Steele going to be the new coach?
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 06:26:18 EST »

I will take almost all VTTW posters over Malzahn, Herman, and Steele.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 06:33:35 EST »

With the 22 class being a banner year in-state, we really can’t afford to go the interim route right now, because we’d likely miss out on all those guys.

So of course that’s what we’ll do.

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 06:34:30 EST »

Fulmer is also out. Will retire.

For God's sake, let's not promote Kevin Steele to head coach. Not with Gus Malzahn available. (Among others.)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 06:36:48 EST »

Fulmer is also out. Will retire.

For God's sake, let's not promote Kevin Steele to head coach. Not with Gus Malzahn available. (Among others.)

Blackburn is still out there. I still wonder what happened with him.

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 06:37:32 EST »

Blackburn is still out there. I still wonder what happened with him.

Let's hire Blackburn as AD, get someone in with proven P5 experience as a head coach, and call it a day.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 06:40:25 EST »

Glad Fulmer is gone. He sunk the ship twice. But this timing is stupid.

Fulmer should have been told who to hire last month, or Fulmer should have been canned, and the new AD given a year to search (assuming 2021 wouldn't be great).

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 06:42:39 EST »

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2021/01/18/jeremy-pruitt-fired-tennessee-football-coaching-search-vols/6413502002/
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 06:44:41 EST »

Fired for CAUSE
Lawyers fixing to get rich

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 06:50:29 EST »

We saved 12 million minus ~1 million in fees, but if the hire is botched because of timing loss of revenue in 2021 will cost us much more.

We should have negotiated a buyout over a month ago for 6 million and been done with it.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 08:50:00 EST »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnVXIUyshng

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 09:35:43 EST »

We saved 12 million minus ~1 million in fees, but if the hire is botched because of timing loss of revenue in 2021 will cost us much more.

We should have negotiated a buyout over a month ago for 6 million and been done with it.

Yep

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2021, 09:37:27 EST »

I believed before today and still believe that an attempt for a negotiated end was made
Takes two to negotiate

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2021, 10:03:06 EST »

Interesting, and believable

Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2021, 11:28:36 EST »

I'm glad I'm numb to it all now.  There was a time when my whole week would be ruined.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021, 05:40:05 EST »

I'm glad I'm numb to it all now.  There was a time when my whole week would be ruined.

Yes I am very numb.  Don't care much anymore, and I think that's for the best actually.

It is just a game after all. 

Tell the gumps down here in bammer.  Literally worst in the country for COVID response.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/alabamas-covid-19-vaccination-efforts-ranked-last-us-cdc

But by GAWD THUR FUTBALL TEAM IS GUD!!!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021, 05:44:24 EST »

Meanwhile Bama and Uga get the #1 and 2 classes in recruiting and you expect the next hire to somehow beat them. You can't fix stupid. If you do fix it, it takes awhile....lol.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 05:51:06 EST »

Meanwhile Bama and Uga get the #1 and 2 classes in recruiting and you expect the next hire to somehow beat them. You can't fix stupid. If you do fix it, it takes awhile....lol.

So my shot at the inbred white trash state bothered you?  Figures.

Still just a game.

Isn't going to improve your lot in life. Or any other fan's for that matter.

I'm in a really good place in my life right now.  Career is going gangbusters, got a big promotion a little over a year ago and all my projects are doing really well.  I'm financially secure for life (assuming I don't fizzle something up), relatsionships are in great shape.

What does football even mean?  Nothing.

You know gladiator combat and chariot races were all the rage back in Roman times. Can you name a single gladiator other than Spartacus, who is only known because he had a "political career"?  Name a single chariot racer, I challenge you.  Ben Hur doesn't count, he was ficitional.

And yet to this day, everyone knows the names Caeser Augustus, Caligula, and Nero, all Roman emperors known for one thing or another.

In 100 years, do you think anyone will know who Saban is or give a shizzle?  Not likely. Football might not even exist.

No sense getting too fired up about it. 

It's "the sound and fury" or the "vapor that's here one day and gone the next".

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 06:21:37 EST »

So my shot at the inbred white trash state bothered you?  Figures.

Still just a game.

Isn't going to improve your lot in life. Or any other fan's for that matter.

I'm in a really good place in my life right now.  Career is going gangbusters, got a big promotion a little over a year ago and all my projects are doing really well.  I'm financially secure for life (assuming I don't fizzle something up), relatsionships are in great shape.

What does football even mean?  Nothing.

You know gladiator combat and chariot races were all the rage back in Roman times. Can you name a single gladiator other than Spartacus, who is only known because he had a "political career"?  Name a single chariot racer, I challenge you.  Ben Hur doesn't count, he was ficitional.

And yet to this day, everyone knows the names Caeser Augustus, Caligula, and Nero, all Roman emperors known for one thing or another.

In 100 years, do you think anyone will know who Saban is or give a shizzle?  Not likely. Football might not even exist.

No sense getting too fired up about it. 

It's "the sound and fury" or the "vapor that's here one day and gone the next".

Yet you are still bothered by me being truthful about all of the last few coaches. They have sucked yet many still want to let them keep sucking. Hire a proven coach. Why does UT seem to be challenged in this aspect of the game more than other schools. UF hires Mullen. We hire Pruitt. aTm hires Jimbo. We hire Pruitt. Hell, Ole Miss hires Kiffin. We hire Pruitt? Why? Not that I want Kiffin.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2021, 06:59:58 EST »

Yet you are still bothered by me being truthful about all of the last few coaches. They have sucked yet many still want to let them keep sucking. Hire a proven coach. Why does UT seem to be challenged in this aspect of the game more than other schools. UF hires Mullen. We hire Pruitt. aTm hires Jimbo. We hire Pruitt. Hell, Ole Miss hires Kiffin. We hire Pruitt? Why? Not that I want Kiffin.

You bother me in general, on every level.

It's not just me though.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: