VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 09:20:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Press Conference at 3:00  (Read 2233 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2021, 07:16:11 EST »

Team Meeting at 6:00

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 07:27:53 EST »

Do we have enough players left to meet?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 07:43:17 EST »

Do we have enough players left to meet?
good question

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 08:14:52 EST »

Brent Hubbs reporting that sources are saying that there are multiple level 1 violations and dozens of violations (not all level 1).
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 08:16:14 EST »

We can hand out prepaid cards as a reward for attending the meeting.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 08:46:11 EST »

Brent Hubbs reporting that sources are saying that there are multiple level 1 violations and dozens of violations (not all level 1).

Do y'all get the feeling that the Admin is just using this investigation to can Pruitt and escape the buyout?  That if they wanted to retain Pruitt, they would just circle the wagons and weather the storm?  Or are these violations so bad that they had to fire him (I kinda doubt that, but I dunno)?

Whatever the case, I'm glad he is on his way out and we don't have to pay to get rid of him, to boot.  I am sad that he didn't work out.  I liked the general philosophy he preached, but he blew it when he put his staff together.  We had a really shizzlety coaching staff, obviously.  And then there is the starting of Gitmo, which is just inexcusable on many fronts - mostly damning that his staff could NOT groom QBs.  Anyway, it sux, but this is better to happen now than have to buy his ass out next year or the next.  I really don't have much hope for our new hire.  We need to put in a good AD first. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 09:39:27 EST »

Ship has sunk, but can it be salvaged? Stay tuned.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 10:42:55 EST »

One thing's for sure... Plowman is in charge.  She didn't just throw Jeremy under the bus, she used a stick to make sure he was all the way under.  Wow.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 10:51:12 EST »

Bruce Pearl was worth fighting for over a BBQ and UT didn't......Pruitt wasn't worth circling the wagons over...not even close. A BBQ is one thing but possible multiple level 1 and 2 violations are in a different ballpark.

Based on the press conference it was damning....Chancellor pulled no punches and said they were shocked how deep this went.
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 10:56:56 EST »

Bruce Pearl was worth fighting for over a BBQ and UT didn't......Pruitt wasn't worth circling the wagons over...not even close. A BBQ is one thing but possible multiple level 1 and 2 violations are in a different ballpark.

Based on the press conference it was damning....Chancellor pulled no punches and said they were shocked how deep this went.

This morning I was excited because we are able to move on from the Pruitt era and save a bunch of money.

Now I'm concerned. I expected some hyperbole from the top to build the case for cause against Pruitt. But I'm afraid this is worse than any of us feared. I don't know how much more it's possible to set back this program, but I think this is going to set us back.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 07:05:45 EST »

I am hoping that she went a bit overboard just to make the case a bit more closed and position us for negotiations over Pruitt's termination.  We will see.

Also speculation is that NCAA might mostly punish Pruitt and take it a bit easy on the school since we have been so forthcoming.  But who knows, that's a crap shoot.

Finebaum repeatedly stated yesterday that he has never seen an admin (the Chancellor no less) be this open about violations at this stage.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 08:20:42 EST »

I am hoping that she went a bit overboard just to make the case a bit more closed and position us for negotiations over Pruitt's termination.  We will see.

Also speculation is that NCAA might mostly punish Pruitt and take it a bit easy on the school since we have been so forthcoming.  But who knows, that's a crap shoot.

Finebaum repeatedly stated yesterday that he has never seen an admin (the Chancellor no less) be this open about violations at this stage.

We can hope....But it seems the NCAA comes down harder when schools cooperate and the NCAA doesn't have to dig and actually work for information. Schools that don't cooperate and tells the NCAA to screw themselves the NCAA seems to tuck tail and head the other way. See LSU&Auburn.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:23:51 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 08:24:45 EST »

That’s because most of the time when violations this egregious happen, they result in a winning team, and the admin wants to hang on to their coach. Our admin carries no such burden in this case.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 09:16:47 EST »

That’s because most of the time when violations this egregious happen, they result in a winning team, and the admin wants to hang on to their coach. Our admin carries no such burden in this case.

yep.  well if the NCAA does hammer us, we at least have an excuse for sucking for awhile.   

Funny thought....Kiffin might be ideal for this job.  He stepped into a similar situation at USC.  He's probably  a big enough tool to be the fall guy twice.   

(*pssst. Volsboy.  That last sentance.  About Lane.  Is a joke. Please don't take it seriously!)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: