VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 10:52:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So who do you think was the unnamed informant?  (Read 2004 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2021, 04:33:56 EST »

I have an educated guess. I won't name names, but it rhymes with Brimmy Jumbaugh.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 05:10:15 EST »

I have an educated guess. I won't name names, but it rhymes with Brimmy Jumbaugh.
Could be, though the timing isn't correct

Frankly, I don't give a damn
It appears this was systemic cheating and who dropped a damn on the cheaters isn't important

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 05:12:29 EST »

Could be, though the timing isn't correct

Frankly, I don't give a damn
It appears this was systemic cheating and who dropped a damn on the cheaters isn't important

Oh I agree. Whoever it was did us a favor.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 05:19:43 EST »

Austin Price directly said earlier tonight that Brumbaugh was not the informant, if I remember correctly.

As I understand it, there were actually two informants during this predicament: one who brought the allegations to the university administration and another who leaked the news of the investigation to the press. Who those individuals were is anybody's guess, but I tend to think that the person who brought the possoble violations to the administration's attention was most likely someone in the compliance department.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 05:25:57 EST »

AI tend to think that the person who brought the possoble violations to the administration's attention was most likely someone in the compliance department.

I'll buy that for a dollar

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 01:11:23 EST »

Who those individuals were is anybody's guess, but I tend to think that the person who brought the possoble violations to the administration's attention was most likely someone in the compliance department.

I agree with your theory. I use to want to know who the individual was when everyone was saying it small item stuff. Now with what was conveyed yesterday it is irrelevant. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 04:13:31 EST »

it was volsboy.  Who else? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 05:48:23 EST »

lol....you are just as culpable for being a Pruitt apologist. So it is okay. Like most folks you are only sorry they got caught? It just shows the ineptness of this staff and the fans that make excuses for them.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 06:15:37 EST »

lol....you are just as culpable for being a Pruitt apologist. So it is okay. Like most folks you are only sorry they got caught? It just shows the ineptness of this staff and the fans that make excuses for them.
You are incapable of understanding ANYTHING!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 06:56:23 EST »

I will gladly be an apologist for anyone who wins, and Pruitt won 8 in a row.  Then he didn't.

I don't depend on my gut, or (as in your case), how "I feel" after drinking camomile tea with all the other ladies in your daily tea party with your stuffed animals. I look at the results on the field. Pruitt did, whether you like or not, have the program going up for that 8-game streak and that's all that mattered to me.

Say hi to "Prissy Polly" for me though. I hear she does a mean take on SEC football coaches.  Must be your primary source.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 09:32:29 EST »

Just read a hypothetical on VQ.

Suppose there was a player who had a sister who worked in the athletic department.  Suppose that the sister was overheard by an hourly staff member discussing how much her brother received compared to another highly ranked recruit.  Now, suppose that the staff member took that information to someone in administration.

It was all hypothetical, of course.  Such a scenario is, I suppose, possible.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 09:50:47 EST »

Just read a hypothetical on VQ.

Suppose there was a player who had a sister who worked in the athletic department.  Suppose that the sister was overheard by an hourly staff member discussing how much her brother received compared to another highly ranked recruit.  Now, suppose that the staff member took that information to someone in administration.

It was all hypothetical, of course.  Such a scenario is, I suppose, possible.
That would fit AP's earlier hint

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 10:28:45 EST »

I will gladly be an apologist for anyone who wins, and Pruitt won 8 in a row.  Then he didn't.

I don't depend on my gut, or (as in your case), how "I feel" after drinking camomile tea with all the other ladies in your daily tea party with your stuffed animals. I look at the results on the field. Pruitt did, whether you like or not, have the program going up for that 8-game streak and that's all that mattered to me.

Say hi to "Prissy Polly" for me though. I hear she does a mean take on SEC football coaches.  Must be your primary source.
8 in a row. He was supposed to beat those 8 teams. Really, you call what Pruitt did winning? How about Jones? He won more than Pruitt. Was he good? Don't you want the Vols to do better than the Music City Bowl every year?

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 10:31:40 EST »

8 in a row. He was supposed to beat those 8 teams. Really, you call what Pruitt did winning? How about Jones? He won more than Pruitt. Was he good? Don't you want the Vols to do better than the Music City Bowl every year?
The FACT, repeat FACT is that he WON, repeat WON those games!

Anther FACT is that last year's team had GREAT internal leadership, especially JJ and Warrior
This year's team did NOT
Why, is a more difficult issue.  I do know that apparently some team "leaders: did not lead
Also, it seems that Pruitt regressed to his year 1 coaching style
As an example, He was, in theory, coaching all 3 levels of the defense by the end of the year (Lord knows that Nieds didn't have a freaking clue at ILB)

At the start of the year none of the ILBs had a clue how to pass protect.  To give them credit, by the end of the year they had improved (significantly by Crouch)
The only time they were effective covering the slot as late in the year when in the dime Thompson was on the slot (he was nowhere as good at corner) - most of the time we had three safeties on the field with one covering the slot - the problem is, our safeties were slow

On offense, we had OG bodies playing OT, not good
For having a 6th year SR at center we spent too much time in the wrong blocking scheme
A lot more but you get the idea
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:57:19 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 11:16:45 EST »

BTW..I did have to laugh.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: